Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Maryland.  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Pwrbait

• New Bee
Hello from Maryland.
« on: June 23, 2009, 10:29:08 pm »
Howdy fellow apiarists;

I'm originally from the Seattle area, but the military brought me out here, where I retired and went back to school.  I was lucky enough to take the apiology course at the University of Delaware with the most awesome Dr. Dewey Caron before he retired and was hooked.  I was also lucky enough to informally intern with him at the university's 18 hive apiary and took over managing it for a year when he headed west.  I have one hive of my one, and am planning for two more next season.  I look forward to talking to all of you soon.
Chris

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
Re: Hello from Maryland.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:01:02 pm »
Hello and welcome Chris.
Bobby

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 10:02:16 am »
Hello and Welcome Chris
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny 

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:11:15 pm »
Another native Washingtonian is always welcome.  I live in the Gateway to the San Juan Archipelago.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline sparks

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 12:03:47 pm »
Chris,

Welcome to the group.  Lots of good advice and good folks here.  I mostly lurk but I am starting to come out into the light.  I Hope you have a great online experience here. 

Thank you for your service to our country.

Chuck Sparks

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 12:17:00 pm »
Welcome Chris, wow were you lucky to be able to intern with someone like that.
Having a mentor like that gave you quite a good start.
Enjoy the forum, lots of good people here, you'll have fun and learn alot.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 01:16:32 pm »
Chris, welcome to our forum, you have had some nice life experiences.  Stick around, we love new members and this will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, you will also make some new friends.  Have a wonderful day, a great life with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cossack

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 02:13:24 pm »
Welcome Chris,

This is a great site and you will learn alot here. Its good to see another Marylander on the site.

See Ya.

Mike.
I had a dream last night, I was eating a 10 pound marshmallow. I woke up this morning and the pillow was gone.....