Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gold Yes, What About Platinum?  (Read 2483 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Gold Yes, What About Platinum?
« on: June 25, 2023, 01:10:17 am »
Check this short clip out. Where does the platinum come from? Is it in fuel?

https://youtube.com/shorts/DIIe9a1gk0A?feature=share
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Gold Yes, What About Platinum?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 08:07:31 am »
Phillip,
I think your link got switched during the copy. The video is about melting down the core of a catalytic converter.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 09:09:40 am »
"Phillip,
I think your link got switched during the copy. The video is about melting down the core of a catalytic converter.
Jim Altmiller"

Thanks Jim, I should have been clearer in the beginning.. Sorry about the confusion.

I have heard that platinum 'is found' in catalytic converters (which may help explain the catalytic converter theft trend) I do not know 'how' that platinum was recovered. This short clip, (less than a minute), shows how it is recovered and the quantity recovered in 'this particular' catalytic converter..  I have watched all of Lesgolds stuff 'about gold' and though this might be of interest as well to some..  I do not know where the platinum is coming from.. Is it already in the CC when manufactured or is it taken from or collected from metals in fuel in the catalytic converting process?

Phillip

« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 09:54:19 am by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 10:50:13 pm »
Phillip,
It is part of the Catalytic Converter. It is not a byproduct of combustion.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 06:44:34 am »
>I have heard that platinum 'is found' in catalytic converters

Platinum is the catalyst in the catalytic converter.  It encourages the oxygen to combine with the carbon monoxide to make it into CO2.  I'm surprised the Climate Cult hasn't tried to outlaw them for making more CO2...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 10:19:23 pm »
Thanks for the explanation Mr Bush. Now that you have explained it, I am surprised too..

Phillip

anything