Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Video Editing Software - AVS Video Editor  (Read 6844 times)

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
Video Editing Software - AVS Video Editor
« on: March 28, 2012, 04:05:13 pm »
I have not used any video ediing software in the past - but came across AVS Video Editor.

Has anyone on BeeMaster used this software, and is it decent?  I videotaped today's trapout of a swarm that took up residence in a tree on Monday (so yes - it's now not a swarm any more, but a colony) - and want to edit out sections, and maybe do some fast-forwarding of other sections.

Will AVS do the job, or should I look around at other packages?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Video Editing Software - AVS Video Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:33:50 pm »
Most computers come equipped with some type of editing software  (windows live movie maker for one) and video devices often come with software as well. I use windows live myself. I'm sure that I could produce much better videos if I sat down for a few days and learned the program better but I'm much too lazy for that!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:49:31 pm »
I'm with Scott on this one and use the windows live movie maker also. It wasn't too stressful to figure a few things out, just play around a little. It is the first one I ever used and went pretty well I thought.

Just ask or pm if you need a little help getting started.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »
Thanks!  I went ahead and used AVS - and the un-registered version puts their logo in various spots in the video.  Not a big deal - but annoying.  I'll probably register it tonight, and re-make the output file.

As was recommended - I just tried Windows Live Movie Maker.  Unfortunately, it doesn't play well with .mov files that are output from my daughters' camera.  So I'll probably stick with AVS.  Today was my first time to play around with it - and I have decided I like it.

I'm sure that her camera came with a similar package - but it's at her mother's house - so I'll get that later on.

The only issues I ran into was that my computer is about 4-5 years old, and when I had the whole project loaded - it got choppy if I tried having any other programs open in the background.  Sometime I'll get a faster computer with a LOT more RAM than 2Gigs.  (Gees...  I remember when I managed the computer store in 1989, and we were *upgrading* to a big 128k of RAM that "no-one would ever use or take advantage of".  ha!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:24 pm »
My computer is a 07 model and I use windows movie maker.    It does get slow editing, but it works out fine in the end.   And movie maker is already loaded on windows.   :-D

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 06:15:32 am »
A little late in the reply but I use AVS Video Editor and Windows Movie Maker pales in comparison.

AVS is comparable in features to Adobe Premier at a fraction of the cost. Plus if you buy the lifetime license you get upgrades for free forever, though if you buy a new computer you have to purchase the software again. But at $59 big whoop.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:39:18 am by nietssemaj »

anything