Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bandsawn (rough) Eastern White Pine from HD  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Absinthe

• New Bee
Bandsawn (rough) Eastern White Pine from HD
« on: July 28, 2020, 08:58:54 am »
2 8' boards almost make 3 8FD's with enough left over for feeding shims or framing out some bottom boards.

Remember to use the planed wood to set the depth of cut on the finger joints, rather than the one scrap piece that never went through the planer. :) Hooray for belt sanders, because I am definitely not planing those fingers by hand with the nails in place :)

Not sure if the videos will work from here, but they are interesting. I don't usually get to see this view from the saw in my own shop :)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WqmLwx76YKqtrw6b6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4HNSRBJZVfRnccTx7

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Bandsawn (rough) Eastern White Pine from HD
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 09:28:09 am »
2x8 or 2x10?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 02:54:43 pm »
HD meaning Home Depot? I Wonder if you could buy some from a local Lumber Maker? Wouldn't that be nice. There is a fellow beekeeper that also cuts his own lumber on a channel (Fall Line Ridge). He has some interesting videos.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Absinthe

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 08:15:10 pm »
HD meaning Home Depot? I Wonder if you could buy some from a local Lumber Maker? Wouldn't that be nice. There is a fellow beekeeper that also cuts his own lumber on a channel (Fall Line Ridge). He has some interesting videos.
When I still lived in Charlottesville, I had 3 local mills including Northland Forest products. Unfortunately, where I live now, I am hard pressed to find a mill. AAMOF I am an hour from a decent wood working store, and most places that sell real wood are more than 30 miles away and only open during banker's hours. :)

I would love to have access to properly dried (kiln or otherwise) rough lumber. But at $1 / BF the HD stuff is acceptable.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything