Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Laptop/windows 10 issue  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Laptop/windows 10 issue
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:53:46 pm »
I have a Gateway laptop that is a few years old.  It was running windows 7 pro and when 10 came out I switched to try it before switching anything else.  It was running fine last I used it, which has been months.

Today I plugged in, powered up, and it just cycled through the Gateway screen.  Could not enter setup, or even turn it off.  Had to pull the battery.

So...I know I have heard about this issue before, but can't seem to find a solution online that fits.

any ideas??
The people the people are the rightful masters of both congresses and courts not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it.

Abraham  Lincoln
Speech in Kansas, December 1859

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Laptop/windows 10 issue
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:27:31 pm »
Pulling the battery seems to have done the trick.  I'll leave this in case it happens to someone else.  I did leave out battery off for a while. 
The people the people are the rightful masters of both congresses and courts not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it.

Abraham  Lincoln
Speech in Kansas, December 1859

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Laptop/windows 10 issue
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 08:29:32 pm »
any ideas??
LMAO  The apple solution is to buy a new device when they control your device.  This is supported by Trump so just succumb to the gods and buy a new computer.  From windows 10 on you do not control the device.  It is a new government.  Just play stupid and do what they want.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything