Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: WE NOW HAVE A BOOK READERS FORUM  (Read 3514 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
WE NOW HAVE A BOOK READERS FORUM
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:49:17 am »
Just a quick note to let you all know that if you want to talk books (written, E-book or Audiobook) come in here and share your adventures in reading. Have fun.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline winginit

• House Bee
Re: WE NOW HAVE a BOOK READERS FORUM
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:36:29 pm »
Yeah! I need some new book recommendations. Here are my favorites from the last few months:

The White Queen--historical fiction, based on the War of the Roses. Bit of a chick flick, easy read, couldn't put it down. One of my favorite books in years.

19th Wife--good book but not exactly pro-Mormon. Another historical fiction chick-flick, with two plot lines: one based on the memoirs of Brigham young's 19th wife, who divorced him and started a successful crusade to make polygamy illegal in the US. The second plot line is about a current-day (completely fictional) fringe polygamy sect. Both plots show how women live as sister-wives. The book also delves into the negative impacts on men and especially boys. Can't have too many boys in a polygamist society!

South of Broad--beautifully written, poignant, fun. Great book for both men and women.

Sheesh, I need to get a job.  :-P

anything