Welcome, Guest

Poll

What do you think about the new smilies

Love them
They are OK
Hate them, let's go back to the old ones.
Hate them, let's go back to the old ones and bring the More selection back.

Author Topic: Smilies  (Read 2933 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Smilies
« on: January 31, 2015, 07:35:42 am »
Robo,
Hope this is will not cause a problem for you but I really liked the old Smilies.
If we never had the old ones, these would be fine but you really spoiled use with the old set.
Looking to see what everyone thinks.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline thomas27c

• New Bee
  • good afternoon!
Re: Smilies
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:41:42 am »
i dont know about you oldsters but i use something called "japanese emojis" its really awesome because theres thousands of faces and all you have to do is copy and paste. O(≧▽≦)O
but i was never really around for the old faces and i dont really use the presets. if your interested heres a website i use for emojis
http://japaneseemoticons.net/
hope this spoils you abit
。◕‿◕。
thomas~
positives need negatives to be opposite to, or else there is no measure of difference.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:21:14 am »
I looked at that site. Sorry, way too many. It would take way too long to find what I want. I really liked having the ones we had here to do a quick selection from.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:53:00 am »
Jim,

No problem, I can only explain the rationale use.

1) We have a large portion of older member where vision issues can be a problem.  One of the main driving forces behind the upgrade was to simplify and make things easier to use and see.  That is what drove going to larger smileys,  we had reports of smaller smileys being difficult to differentiate.
2) The old set was a hodge podge of things that where available 10 years ago.  There were many inconsistencies with their look and design.  Some were pretty poorly done and some where just outdated.  They actually looked pretty childish and take away from the overall image of the forum to people visiting for the first time.   First impressions are what keep people here or make them move one. 
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:25:06 am »
i dont know about you oldsters but i use something called "japanese emojis" its really awesome because theres thousands of faces

What the heck  :shocked:
John 3:16