Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Holy cow, now it's up to $50/year. It's a phone that works through your internet connection. I think they call it voice over internet protocol. It's about the size of a small USB charger and plugs into a USB charger on one end and has two ports in the other end. One connects to your WIFI router and the other to your phone. I have a cordless phone connected to it and it operates just like a phone. I have used it to fax stuff as well. And with the app on the smart phone or tablet, it's just like a smart phone interface.

https://www.magicjack.com/account/mjLandingpages.do?page=index
Terri was does a magic jack do?
For our home phone, I have a MagicJack and I have to say, I love it. I don't use it but the Mrs. does but there is a MagicJack app that allows it to work anywhere I have an internet connection. I don't know how many devices you can use at once but I do know that you can use two. I have it connected on my iPhone and my primary iPad. Cost is about $30/year all inclusive. It does also work when I have cell service w/o internet connection.
I'm thinking that the seal is around the edged but the entire lid has a protective coating on it to keep foodstuffs off of the metal.
"heartfarm": Welcome to Beemaster!!!! We are happy that you have chosen to join us!

There are some ways to try and get bees to reorient to a new location, like putting a branch in front of the entrance to confuse them, the success of which is variable based on what I've heard, but I've never tried it myself. 

I tried the limb method and it did no good in my case.   :shocked: :grin:

I'd say to keep it in the same location - sounds like a good place.  When the new hive box comes, put the caught swarm in the "temporary" deep on top of it.  Eventually, the caught swarm will move down into the new space.

I agree!!

You did not say where you was intending to move the bees too. If it's in the cow pasture be sure to fence off the bee area because the cows love to use the hives as a scratching tool and you don't want the hives knocked down. :cheesy: :grin:...

Phillip
Les I really like the lids! (Good idea Jim..) It seems the possibilities are unlimited with your engraver. What are the maintenance details for keeping it going such as replacing parts? Are there certain parts can be expected to fail before others? How long will the machine be functional before you can expect to to fail beyond normal repair practicality? 
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by animal on Today at 01:12:39 pm »
LOL at not worth talking to :cheesy:
I've always hated phones, then pagers, now smartphones. I "lose" the smartphone a lot when I'm doing something I enjoy. Usually in the truck or at home. At work I destroy them. On my second this year, about time to get rid of it because now I have to rotate the screen to be able to clear the calculator(irritating) and the pictures are now a gray blur no matter what I take them of . Cracks in the glass are usually fine, but the powdered areas just don't work for some reason ... but have 2 more "in stock"  :cool:
... cheap androids synced to a laptop are my thing.
The quality was excellent but when I looked under the lid, it looks as though it may have been a bit hot and marked the plastic seal.
I don?t think that the engraving did any significant damage to the seal, do you?
Les, do Australian canning lids have sealer in the center of the lids as well?  Our two piece lids here in America only have the sealer around the edge of the lid. 
I don't have a personal phone either.  I do have an iPod touch though, so it can technically do everything a smartphone can do except make a call, it's just so old that not a lot is compatible with my iOS anymore.  We did finally get a smartphone for the whole household to use though because we got a great deal on one from our mobile carrier, and I have to say, it has made our lives a lot easier. 

I remember milking by hand, extracting honey by hand...

I still do both of these things though!  :happy:
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / Re: Navy gun handling
« Last post by animal on Today at 12:41:49 pm »
Granted the guy will never have to repel a boarder and his biggest job is telling others to push buttons ...

But that's still no reason to demonstrate incompetence. Even if the armorer set him up, still no excuse. And then it gets POSTED ! just TOO funny... :cheesy:

betting the Air Force is is saying "whew, glad that wasn't us this time" .. heard enough about their "simulated" bs qualifying to roll my eyes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything