ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Any deer hunters?

(1/8) > >>

Fishing-Nut:
I put a doe in the freezer last night with my bow....I passed on a decent 8 pointer because my wife has decided she wants to get her first deer this year and said that it has to be a buck. We've got some pretty good ones coming In on a regular basis so I hope that we can make that happen for her. I tell ya what though It was hard to pass up that buck at about 15 yards and take a shot on a doe that was staring right at me at about 35 yards.... it all came together though. 

Michael Bush:
I haven't had a permit in a few years now.  Just too busy and not enough time off available from work for my bee camp, speaking and deer hunting...  We will see how it goes.  I was hoping maybe to do a little hunting this year.  I have a rifle I just had built on a Ruger #1 action that I'd like to try.

jalentour:
Archery opens 10/1.  Haven't checked my stands yet but my tower blind is full of wasps.
I prefer cooler weather to hunt. 
We have an overabundance of deer here.  Lots of does.
I use a lever action in my neck of the woods. 

jtcmedic:
Will be going during muzzleloader here it is too hot now, hope to get one this year

CoolBees:
Congrats on the Doe! - hopefully the Wife gets her buck. (You can't eat horns anyways  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:)

I fulfilled a lifetime quest this year - taking specific buck of my choosing on opening day of archery season. I've watched this Columbian Blacktail since he was born, 7 yrs ago. I got in the blind at 4 am - he finally came in 20 mins before the end of the day.

He's old, going downhill, and had double split browtines - 1st time I've seen a Columbian with split brows. I watched him growing all spring and summer. There were 7 other bucks in range when he finally appeared. He was at 11 yds before he finally offered a shot.

His dad went #19 archery SCI - also me - several yrs ago - and is mounted in my living room. I won't mount this guy. He never reached his dad's size - and I've got bigger ones walking around that I want breeding. It was a neat experience.

I'm heading for Archery Elk (cow tag) shortly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version