Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Extractor  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Waveeater

• House Bee
Extractor
« on: September 21, 2018, 11:29:25 am »
I'm planning on purchasing a bigger extractor for next year. I have a 4 frame extractor and would like to move up to at least a 8 or 9 frame size. Who makes the best one for the money? I'm looking for one of good quality. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Extractor
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 12:42:35 pm »
Wave,
I recommend you move up to a 9/18 Mann Lake Motorized extractor. That is what I have and it does a good job for me.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 12:44:16 pm »
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Waveeater

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 06:48:44 pm »
Thank you for the reply. Does it operate pretty smoothly when fully loaded or Does it get off balance.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 07:53:14 pm »
Thank you for the reply. Does it operate pretty smoothly when fully loaded or Does it get off balance.
Depends on how you load it. I try to put equal size/weight frames opposite from each other. Unless you get a super  heavy unit, that you can not lift, if they are not loaded properly they will get off balance. This unit is rather heavy, My guess, about 30 pounds. I can carry it by myself in and out of my back door.
Jim
Ben Franklin

anything