Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: provap 110 question  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
provap 110 question
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:36:27 pm »
I have a question regarding the provap 110 type units. I watched a video by brucebees where he was using a knock off vaporizer that worked great. The only problem that I could see with this unit is by the time he had finished the last hive, the 1/4 inch tube was bent in an upward angle.  Im sure there must be a reason that the 1/4 inch copper is used for a specific reason, most likely corrosion resistance? Why can't the nozzle be made form 1/4 black pipe or galvanized? Anyone know the answer? Anyone else experienced this slight problem?
Thanks, Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline ifixoldhouses

• House Bee
  • 2nd year bkpr 14 hives
    • BackyardBeesNC.com
Re: provap 110 question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:16:38 pm »
Vino farm bent his like that too, I bet he uses refrigerant line copper, it's softer than a tube copper such as a water pipe., my Provap 110 hasn't bent yet.
BackyardBeesNC.com

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 10:16:56 pm »
Phil, copper is more corrosion resistant.

Trick to bending small tubing, steel, copper, whatever.  Fill the pipe with sand, heat if needed then bend.  If a person tries to bend small copper or steel pipe it kinks thus prevents flow.  But filled with sand, the pipe cannot kink and maintains the intergerty of the diameter.

Blessings
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 10:28:31 pm »
I think Van is correct. 

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 11:56:15 pm »
Yes, I think you all are correct. Van with the corrosion resistant part and ifixoldhouses with the rigid copper part. There are two types of copper tubing . Hard rigid and the soft roll type. The video that I am referring to uses a straight pipe with no bends. If the same video vaporizer had used the rigid type 1/4, it probably would have not bent so easily or at all. I am not downing the maker of the knock off vaporizer, it is a good unit with only this one problem as far as I can tell.  Perhaps the builder will correct this in the future if he has not already. I admire his ingenuity. Though I have not seen this knock off version in person, or the provap, or even the Original european version, with my own eyes, but only on the net and videos.  I am in the process of building one myself. Actually I have already built one that I love and have been testing, and happy to report so far it's flawless.  I have made this known to Mr Van a while back privately. There are some things to consider and look into before releasing more information. I am excited about this achievement to say the least. 
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.