ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Automatic chicken coop door

<< < (8/8)

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Robo on January 22, 2023, 08:20:55 am ---
--- Quote from: Ben Framed on January 21, 2023, 11:38:05 am ---
I would say the odds are in your favor Kathy if you set it just at dark or just afterward. The chickens will be safe in for the night without the automatic 'door closer chicken killer' as you described, killing one. lol

--- End quote ---

With a swinging door like the https://chickendoors.com/, killing is a non issue and on the bonus side coons can't "pick up" on the door like the vertical sliders.

--- End quote ---

Rob after the marvelously designed bee vac that you have invented, "The Robo Vac", I have full confidence that you would not recommend anything but quality. I did not read the link that you had found and posted, my statement was referring to the type door that Kathy described as those being known as "Chicken Killers" lol.
I went on to make a joke with Kathyp of what I had in mind. lol  :wink: while I was also kidding with Brian/Acebird.

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on January 18, 2023, 09:37:05 pm ---Kathyp
"some of the reviews claim the door they got was a chicken killer!"

Ben Framed
"Well in case you don't find a better one, all I can say is have the cook pot ready! 
:shocked: :cheesy: lol j/k"

--- End quote ---

And to Brian:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on January 19, 2023, 08:37:52 am ---Acebird
" With the jack screw design it takes about a minute to close and makes a lot of noise.  There is no surprise snap shut closure."

Ben Framed
Unlike what I am proposing. Mine will work like a guillotine with a dull edge! They had better be some fast chickens if the 'timer' is not set to trip until 'after' dusk, and it is dark outside ! lol 
:wink:

--- End quote ---

Phillip

Acebird:
Kathy, please report back on what you choose and you thoughts on it in a couple of years.

Kathyp:
I will do that.  Got sidetracked with some stuff here and have not made it to the chicken lady.  Will update when I find something.  I think I might be overthinking this   :grin:

The15thMember:
Hey Kathy, my sister noticed that MannaPro is having a 20% off sale on their chicken doors right now.  Just in case you are interested.
https://www.mannapro.com/promotions/auto-chicken-coop-door?_kx=X3TSB-Lh7ofODu_CJ-qNfRK0mdHBobBcf41t_r3socg8-cTuDkzdCiE1kP27w9kb.WcZhv6

Acebird:
As mentioned before you need a door that can't be easily opened by predators.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version