BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

Beeswax Luminaries

(1/1)

The15thMember:
For our Thanksgiving centerpiece this year I made some beeswax luminaries.  I got the idea from one of my favorite books for bee product projects, Beeswax Alchemy by Petra Ahnert.  To make them I filled some balloons with cold water and dipped them like tapers, setting them on my cold granite countertop between dips to create a flat bottom.  Then I untied or popped the balloons, which let the water out and peeled the balloon off the inside of the wax.  It was super easy and really fun.  I put my homemade tealights in them to light them up. 

Ben Framed:
Nice Reagan.. I like it.... Do you have something similar lined up for Christmas?

Phillip

cao:
Good job.  I like them. :happy:

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on November 26, 2022, 10:53:00 pm ---Nice Reagan.. I like it.... Do you have something similar lined up for Christmas?

Phillip

--- End quote ---
I usually do full on candles for the Christmas table, but we may incorporate these into other decorations around the house, since they are so pretty and we have them around.

Bill Murray:
Those are really nice thanks for sharing. Nice project for Marley for Christmas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version