Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The state of Oregon. Shutting down small farmers..  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: The state of Oregon. Shutting down small farmers..
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2024, 10:53:17 am »
In most States, you have a right to reasonable use of water that flows through or is under your property ... apparently not in Oregon?

In Oregon water is owned by the people.  In theory, that's a good thing.  In reality, it is owned by the people but regulated by the state and feds.  Our biggest problems have come from federal mandates for things like keeping livestock out of rivers, or letting irrigation water flow down river for some inedible fish.

Do you believe they're all wrong?   

Less about right and wrong and more about degrees.  I don't doubt for a moment that Oregon would love to control every drop of water we use.  Yes, they have proposed things like metering wells.  So far, we have stayed on top of them.  As for flying over properties, Google does that.  If I can't stop Google from taking pics of my place, I can't stop the state   :grin:

It is something to be aware of.  This woman got caught in an existing law that many did no know about and had not been enforced much.  Now we know.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2024, 12:05:55 pm »
This is a fairly comprehensive article about both issues.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-03-27-oregon-waging-a-war-against-small-farmers.html
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2024, 10:39:32 am »
     Looks like some people.  Have got caught.by pictures taking from satellites.

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2024, 10:56:34 am »
Looks like some people.  Have got caught.by pictures taking from satellites.

No place to hide...

anything