BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

Best smoker in aus

<< < (6/6)

Lesgold:
I currently use a Beeco and find it works well .I also have a couple of Chinese smokers and they also produce good smoke. Funny that. They all do the job they were designed for and stay alight for quite a few hours. I do have a preference for the Beeco only due to its construction quality. If I had half a dozen hives, the Chinese smoker would be my choice due to price.

Charlie Bezzina:
Something very few people consider when purchasing foreign made smokers...

https://southburnett.com.au/news2/2022/03/15/asbestos-warning-for-beekeepers/

Smoke:
Those ?foreign made smokers?.

I don?t think that beekeepers are dropping dead of Mesothelioma after using foreign smokers. Still don?t want one with an asbestos bellows. The issue is mostly with Chinese smokers sold on eBay. Locally sold ones now are tested for asbestos.

I am still using one I bought 10 years ago on eBay and has a genuine leather bellows. Will last me decades more.

I get cracked up when I see smokers advertised locally as made for ?Australian conditions?. What are Australian conditions?

I acquired a Beeco recently. Very sturdy. It was poorly made though and when puffed the smoke came back in my face from under the lid. I assume it?s one off defect. But I also didn?t like the lack of hook as I?m used to hanging mine, and the heat shield is rather impractical and not great. I prefer a wire cage that wraps around and that goes all the way down the sides. Also, nothing beats a genuine leather bellows and Beeco?s is some vinyl material. It was sent back and I reverted to my original one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version