BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

Looking For Ideas As To How To Break Up Blocks Of Beeswax

(1/6) > >>

JackInCT:
My journey into beeswax candles needs a “better” idea (than what I’ve been using).  I’ve been breaking up the blocks of beeswax (to put into my double boiler) by DOUBLE bagging the blocks into the standard grocery store plastic bags.  Even with the use of a wooden mallet (& on a wooden floor with give in it), however, invariably results in tears in BOTH bags and unwanted spilling out of the wax.  Anyone found a better way to break up the blocks of wax?  Thank You.

Kathyp:
i lay mine on newspaper on the floor.  then i picture someone who has ticked me off and slam a flat head screwdriver into the block.  i then finish them...ooops....it off with a solid slam of the hammer to the screwdriver.  works, improves my mood, makes no mess other than a few chips on the newspaper.

don't miss and hit your hand.  if you do, the emotional release will be negated by the pain.

AllenF:
Get a thicker bag.   Those reuseable canvas shopping tote bags that we just have to get all the time will work great.  And at least they get used and don't take up too much room in the pantry.

hardwood:
Two words...buck shot :-D

Scott

Jim134:
Freeze the blocks first.  :lol:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version