BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > EQUIPMENT USAGE, EXPERIMENTATION, HIVE PLANS, CONSTRUCTION TIPS AND TOOLS

Bushkill Bee Vac

<< < (20/21) > >>

Robo:

--- Quote from: mpickard on November 14, 2015, 01:31:24 pm ---Robo - Ridgid Tools has a 2-1/2" x 20ft locking Hose kit - VT2522, which is what it looks like mdax is using.  I bought one myself just for the bee-vac I'm building based on Bushkill's Bee Vac design.

*DISCLAIMER* I work for Emerson (don't know if I necessarily need to disclose that, but since Ridgid is an Emerson company... even though I am not involved with that division) comments are my own personal comments and not related to my employer.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the insight on the 20ft hose,  that will be ideal for most.  I'll add a link to it from my website.   Personally I have been very happy with the Ridgid vacs, and although we support Shop Vac as well,  I always recommend the Ridgid when asked.

divemaster1963:
I built one have been using it for 5 years . Great design .I have made 100 bottoms for mine. Now that what I use for bottoms for all my hives. Bees seem to love just rhw hole for a entrance. I made slide flaps so I can adjust entrance size but they do sell the round entrance wheel for them.

John

superbee:
Robo,

I wanted to thank you for your bee vac.  I am currently have 6 of them used for removals.  I figure I get a good 25 large cutouts before I have to fix something.  The design and build is great.  I have tested the bee vac on hundreds of cut outs and it helps me save more bees faster.  Thanks again Nick from Super Bee Rescue and Removal.

LKBruns:
I built a similar design this summer.  I am looking forward to trying it out this spring.  I plan on trying it with wasp first, until I figure out how much suction I need

BeeMaster2:
LK,
Set it so that it just barely sucks in the bees. Much more than that and you will have problems.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version