BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Tools for the cutout.

<< < (3/20) > >>

dpence:
I have a portable generator, for those places with no electricity. 

David

Understudy:

--- Quote from: dpence on March 24, 2008, 02:33:40 pm ---I have a portable generator, for those places with no electricity. 

David

--- End quote ---
I think a portable generator is a good idea if you are doing this professionally. For the hobbiest, I would say use either cordless tools or rent a generator. Because I feel that at least in Florida. It is rare that you are in a situation where you need electricity. Also I have a 4000 watt inverter in my van and a battery bank. I use for work and that is also an alternative idea. However I feel these are more along the lines of professional tools.

You circumstances may be different so a generator may be a very practical idea.

If you are doing this professionally a bucket truck would also be a good idea. :)

If you rent a generator more than 4 times a year. Buy a good generator. I am not sure what is like up north but here in Florida almost everyone has one because of the hurricanes. I assume snow white outs would probably mean most people in the north have one also.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Kathyp:
dust pan.  i used one this time and it worked well.  since i don't have a bee vac yet, i swept the bees into the dust pan and dumped them into the hive. 

Understudy:

--- Quote from: kathyp on March 24, 2008, 06:30:27 pm ---dust pan.  i used one this time and it worked well.  since i don't have a bee vac yet, i swept the bees into the dust pan and dumped them into the hive. 

--- End quote ---

An excellent idea. They didn't just fly out and attack the sweeper?

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Kathyp:
 i just swept up the clumps and swept down the post that they were on.  they kind of pealed off and dropped in the pan.  they weren't happy, but i didn't get any stings on the first hive.  they all came from the 2nd hive and not while i was sweeping them :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version