ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Lesgold?s Road Trip

<< < (3/33) > >>

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Lesgold on May 16, 2023, 04:53:00 am ---Not really. We drove across the country from east to west and our holiday started a couple of days ago when we started heading north.

--- End quote ---
Oh, I understand now.  Looking at a map helped.  :embarassed:

--- Quote from: Lesgold on May 16, 2023, 04:53:00 am --- The first one is called cockies tongue and is will flower through the winter months supplying nectar to many native birds and bees. The second photo is of an acorn banksia flower. I have never seen them before. They also produce nectar for bees through the winter months. Can?t wait to sample some of the local honey.

--- End quote ---
Those are incredible!

Lesgold:
That?s correct Kathy. Kings Park is quite an amazing place in the middle of Perth. We looked at it 4 years ago when we last visited. We travelled a couple of hundred km north of Perth and stayed a few nights in a caravan park to refresh. We had free camped the whole way across the country an met some really nice people on the road. It was time to catch up with washing, pick up some water and spoil ourselves for Mother?s Day. Here is one of the early views of the Indian Ocean at a little place called Sandy Cape. Beautiful white sand and a beach sheltered by an outer reef.

Lesgold:
One place that we really did want to look at was the Pinnicles in Nambung National Park. They are a series of natural limestone formations that were created on an ancient seabed about 25 to 30 thousand years ago. They are located about 8km from the existing coastline. Pictures don?t really do them justice. A truly amazing area.

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Lesgold on May 16, 2023, 08:40:09 pm ---That?s correct Kathy. Kings Park is quite an amazing place in the middle of Perth. We looked at it 4 years ago when we last visited. We travelled a couple of hundred km north of Perth and stayed a few nights in a caravan park to refresh. We had free camped the whole way across the country an met some really nice people on the road. It was time to catch up with washing, pick up some water and spoil ourselves for Mother?s Day. Here is one of the early views of the Indian Ocean at a little place called Sandy Cape. Beautiful white sand and a beach sheltered by an outer reef.

--- End quote ---
How beautiful!  I haven't been to the beach in so long.

--- Quote from: Lesgold on May 16, 2023, 08:51:25 pm ---One place that we really did want to look at was the Pinnicles in Nambung National Park. They are a series of natural limestone formations that were created on an ancient seabed about 25 to 30 thousand years ago. They are located about 8km from the existing coastline. Pictures don?t really do them justice. A truly amazing area.

--- End quote ---
Hey, we have Pinnacles in California too!  Yours are better though, I think.  :grin:

Skeggley:
Welcome to WA Lesgold, I hope you got some of our Marri and Jarrah honey while around Perth. I'm assuming your wife wouldn't let you go out Kalgoorlie way. ;)
Have you checked out Lake Thetis while in the area and the oldest living lifeforms on earth?
Keep up the great posts mate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version