Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Bee Venom Vs Wasp Venom  (Read 839 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Honey Bee Venom Vs Wasp Venom
« on: August 11, 2022, 01:01:24 am »
'Honey Bee Sting' vs 'Wasp Sting':

Is there a difference in the properties of their venom? If so does anyone here know what are the differences are?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Honey Bee Venom Vs Wasp Venom
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 08:18:03 am »
There is definitely a difference to their venom. Honey bee venom actually helps us in several ways. It does not harm the skin at the injection site. A strong wasp sting will kill the cells around the injection site, leaving a black area of dead skin.
Wasp stings hurt for along time where as honey bee stings usually change from a stinging sensation to an itch/swelling.
Wasp stings don?t help remove chronic pain like honey bee stings. Same with medical problems. I have a good friend who has kept her self alive with bee stings for the last 20 years after being diagnosed with stage 4 Brest cancer with daily bee stings.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 08:26:24 am »
I took a red wasp sting (orange actually), last afternoon and the effects your describe Jim are spot on. I rarely swell from a honeybee sting. That experience is what prompted me to ask if there is a difference. Thank you for sharing the information about your friend and her Brest cancer bee treatments of daily bee stings.

Steve at Steves' Outdoor world said he got a similar result from having 10 bees sting all around, and on a skin cancer spot on his person. When the spot was removed, the cancer was not present and showed benign.

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 10:46:52 am »
We also need to distinguish between the many, many different kinds of wasps.  I'm assuming you were stung by some sort of paper wasp, Phillip, and many of them, as well as the rest of the social wasps (yellowjackets, hornets, etc.) have painful and damaging stings like Jim described.  But solitary wasps often have extremely mild stings, or can barely sting at all, in spite of the fact that many have large stingers.  And on top of that solitary wasps rarely sting, as they don't have large nests to defend and therefore are not territorial. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything