Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 4th of July  (Read 1379 times)

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
Re: 4th of July
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2022, 01:13:41 pm »
Having visited the states on several occasions I can quite understand why you need your guns. It's pretty lawless in places. Wander a couple of blocks off the French quarter in New Orleans (for example) and you can be in big trouble. Same in Washington DC and other places.

Here in the UK we have very strict gun laws, don't even think you can legally own a handgun without very specific reasons.  But it's a much safer place. I handed in all my shotguns etc as really  didn't need them to protect my family etc.  Of course I keep a baseball bat around in case some clown tries to burgle me....the chances of the burglar having a gun are practically nil in the UK....due to strict gun laws.
But different countries with different problems and different solutions.
Just think it must be quite scary to live somewhere that you feel the need to own a life taker to protect your own.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2022, 02:03:44 pm »
You just listed places with extreme gun control.  The safe places legally have guns.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2022, 03:49:04 pm »
I accept your trolling tonight. But just a thought or two, why do you think you need so many guns "to protect your family"? Is it because you're afraid of other people with guns? and why do these other people feel the need to have guns? Obviously not all people with guns are criminals. But......you have to accept that any person you meet could be carrying a weapon and could use it on you at any time, Not a life I would wish to lead.

I don't base my weapon ownership on need.  There are some things I like and some work better for one thing than another.

You basically live on an island and your people tend to be compliant.  We do not live on an island.  Right now, we have millions flooding our border.  We have cities run by crazy leftists and those cities have become dangerous. 
How would you suggest that we disarm the criminals?  I am not willing to entertain any more restrictions until that question can be answered.  You have 65ish million people, we have 350 million that we count as being here legally.  20 million or so more, at least, that are not here legally.

When our government enforces our laws and cleans up the criminals, gangs, etc. they can talk to me about giving up my guns.

What do you think the odds are against me being knifed in the street against you being shot? I'll let you contemplate and fill in!

Seems like your odds of being knifed are pretty good if you wander London!  My odds of being shot are very low as long as I stay out of leftist strongholds.  Where I live, everyone is a gun owner.  I can't remember the last shooting even by the police.  Legal gun ownership is not the problem unless the people who should report those who should not be able to purchase fall down on the job.

One change I support is adding the juvenile record to the background check.  That, and perhaps required reporting by schools, police, etc. might make a difference for some.  Most gun crime is done by gangs and career criminals and so nothing will stop them.
Kathy
When you visit the UK southwest do you feel less safe because you cannot carry a concealed gun?
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2022, 04:55:11 pm »
Kathy
When you visit the UK southwest do you feel less safe because you cannot carry a concealed gun?
She doesn't have to go that far.  Her carry permit doesn't allow her to bring her guns to CA and she visits relatives in CA.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2022, 05:58:13 pm »
You just listed places with extreme gun control.  The safe places legally have guns.
I can only write about places I have been to.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2022, 06:52:04 am »
>When you visit the UK southwest do you feel less safe because you cannot carry a concealed gun?

Exactly!
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2022, 01:30:54 pm »
Well Michael presumably you won't be visiting anytime soon :rolleyes: no, just make that a big  :smile:

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2022, 09:05:23 am »
Nothing I really want to see on the Island of Great Britain.  I guess I briefly road across London and spent some time in Manchester airport, but nothing there really appeals to me enough to leave customs unless I have to, like getting between Gatwick and Heathrow.  I suppose if I was stuck there for a while I'd find something to go look at.  The British Virgin Islands were nice...
-------------------

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2022, 02:12:26 pm »
Nothing I really want to see on the Island of Great Britain.  I guess I briefly road across London and spent some time in Manchester airport, but nothing there really appeals to me enough to leave customs unless I have to, like getting between Gatwick and Heathrow.  I suppose if I was stuck there for a while I'd find something to go look at.  The British Virgin Islands were nice...
The question was rhetorical, I don't suppose you will be missed. :rolleyes: