Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: "The Birds and the Bees Affair"  (Read 610 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
"The Birds and the Bees Affair"
« on: June 16, 2022, 01:17:04 pm »
My sister and I watched an episode of Man from U.N.C.L.E. last night that had ACTUAL BEES in it!!  The plot was basically that there was a scientist who was trying to breed a "super bee" and T.H.R.U.S.H. enlisted him to weaponize the bees, which they were then putting in the ventilation systems at U.N.C.L.E. HQs around the world and killing all the agents.  It sounds tacky, but they really did a good job making it as realistic as possible.  Because using real bees for the attacks would have been impossible, they made it so that the super bees were really small and couldn't be seen on the camera.  It was actually pretty creative.  But the entomologist who was breeding the bees, as well as the chick of the week, who worked at a health food store that was selling honey and other bee products, both had a single frame observation hive that had real bees in it, and the entomologist was using real beekeeping equipment including a veil and a 10 frame deep with a migratory cover that had real frames with foundation in them!  Here's some clips from the episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDCUxeNS4LQ

I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.