Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: GunSmoke & Rawhide  (Read 1545 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
GunSmoke & Rawhide
« on: May 12, 2022, 08:47:27 am »
GunSmoke was a popular TV series beginning in the 1950s. Reruns are still aired today. I would guess most every American has seen the TV Program GunSmoke at least once, if not a full episode, at least you might know what it is  and what it is about. Has any one ever wondered why Doc Adams office was located where it was?

A horse runs off with someone, they fall, hit their head on a rock and they are by a miracle found out in the middle of nowhere, carted into town in the back of a buck board wagon, then heaved and hauled UP the stairs by their arms and legs to the office. Or a rattle snake bite and the same senecio! Wouldn?t it have been much easier, if Doc Adams would have located his office downstairs? Of course he never did the heaving. It was always the good citizens! lol   :shocked: :cheesy:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 12:06:23 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: GunSmoke
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 11:22:14 am »
My sister talks about this all the time, how everyone who needs help has to be dragged up Doc's steps.  My bet is that Doc just can't afford a street-level apartment.  He's not getting rich taking care of all those people, you know!  :grin: 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 01:22:39 pm »
He's not getting rich taking care of all those people, you know!  :grin:

So true! Especially when one fellow paid him with a chicken lol! Try that today!  :oops: :cheesy:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 08:07:46 pm »
My sister hurt her leg yesterday, so she and I have been hanging out in the living room today with nothing to do, since she shouldn't really be walking around and I'm her designated caretaker.  As a result, we ended up trying out different old western TV shows all day, and comparing and contrasting them to Gunsmoke, which is now and will always be like our favorite TV show ever.  To be fair though, as far as westerns go, we have only ever watched Gunsmoke, so even though we know that nothing will ever be as good, we decided to take this opportunity to give other things a try. 

First we watched an episode of Bonanza, which we were kind of meh on.  The episode was season 2 episode 32, I believe.  We just didn't find the whole premise very engaging.  We didn't really connect with any of the characters, and we didn't enjoy the music or set design choices, although it was nicely remastered.  We also found the plot to be pretty riddled with holes, mostly caused by the fact that the plot wanted the main characters to catch some bank robbers, and none of the main characters are lawmen, so their was a lot of convenient or senseless decisions being made by the robbers to facilitate it.  I've heard that Bonanza is more of a character interaction show than an action show though, so maybe this works better in episode with less of an action-based plot.  We'll probably give it another try, since you never know if you came in on a wonky episode, but we were underwhelmed. 

Next we watched on episode of Wagon Train.  We liked this better.  We liked Chris, the Wagonmaster.  He seemed to be respectable and a man of good integrity, and it seemed like the show could get pretty good mileage out of the premise.  I think the episode was from season 3, and the story was well-rounded and had a pretty solid mixture of humor and seriousness.  There was one character who was a little hokey for our taste, but we couldn't tell if he was a series regular or not from this story.  We weren't hooked, but we'd definitely turn it on again if there is nothing else on. 

After Wagon Train was over, and episode of Rawhide came on.  It was an episode from season one.  We have actually been wanting to try Rawhide since we are familiar with Clint Eastwood, and we really liked it.  We liked all the characters and the tone, which is very similar to Gunsmoke.  The plot was very mature, the story was very full, and it had an unexpected twist at the end.  The only difficulty we had was that Gil and Pete look really similar, and we had difficulty telling them apart, and also Gil's voice is really deep and doesn't match his face.  Also weirdly, we liked looking at all the cows throughout the show, like just picking out ones that were different colors, and seeing the cowboys work with them, it was just kind of fun.  We'll definitely be watching more in the future. 

But it's back to our favorite, Gunsmoke tonight, in fact we'll probably watch one we've already seen while we eat supper, and a new one later on.   :cool:       
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 09:36:02 pm »
Try High Chaparral if you have not.  Always been one of my favorites.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 10:27:24 pm »
Try High Chaparral if you have not.  Always been one of my favorites.
Cool, we'll check it out.  Why do you like it? 

salvo

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 11:08:43 pm »
Hi Folks,

My wife likes The Rifleman. Original *single parent* series, Lucas and Mark.

Lots of killing in the early episodes, dark and serious. It was said to have been influenced by Sam Peckinah.

What professional sports did Chuck Connors play?

Mark and Lucas had a good, healthy relationship on and off screen. Both good actors.

Sal   

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 11:31:43 pm »
Cool, we'll check it out.  Why do you like it?

Because when it was on originally I was young enough to be in love with 1/2 the actors on it   :grin:

Now it's just a nice memory + the storyline was good.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 11:35:17 pm »
INSP has been running it.  Don't know where else you can find it, but you kind of need to start at the beginning to understand the story.  If you don't, it's still good, but you'll have to intuit some of the background.

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2022, 09:59:00 am »

What professional sports did Chuck Connors play?

Baseball.  And IIRC was famous for hitting a home-run and refusing to run.

Pre Internet trivia that is stuck in my head...

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 10:30:39 am »
I have seen some of those Kathy. Buck, Monoleto, Blue Boy, Big John, and pretty and level headed Victoria.

Phillip

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 06:05:16 pm »
Welp, we're hooked.   :grin:

Also Clint Eastwood is NOT the main character!  Gil appears only once on the packaging and Rowdy appears no less than 6 times!  :angry:

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 11:27:17 pm »
From what I read, Gil left the show on not very good terms and then died shortly after.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: GunSmoke & Rawhide
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2022, 12:33:24 am »
Gill did die cao during a movie filming in Peru.
Here is part of the original article from the NYT plus a little more from Wikipedia.

https://www.nytimes.com/1966/10/01/archives/eric-fleming-41-of-rawhide-dies-drowns-in-river-in-peru-during.html#:~:text=ERIC%20FLEMING%2C%2041%2C%20OF%20',Movie%20%2D%20The%20New%20York%20Times

ERIC FLEMING, 41, OF 'RAWHIDE,' DIES; Drowns in River in Peru During Filming of Movie
Oct. 1, 1966

Credit...The New York Times Archives
October 1, 1966,

LIMA, Peru, Sept. 30 (UPI)-- Eric Fleming, star of the television series "Rawhide," drowned Wednesday during the filming of a motion-picture scene 220 miles northeast of Lima. His death was announced here today by the United States Embassy.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eric Fleming

This article is about the American actor. For other people named Eric Fleming, see Eric Fleming (disambiguation).
Eric Fleming
Eric Fleming 1961.JPG
Fleming in 1961
Born   Edward Heddy Jr.
July 4, 1925
Santa Paula, California, U.S.
Died   September 28, 1966 (aged 41)
Tingo Mar?a, Peru
Occupation   Actor
Years active   1944?1966
Partner(s)   Lynne Garber

Clint Eastwood, Paul Brinegar and Eric Fleming in Rawhide (1961)

Eric Fleming (born Edward Heddy Jr.; July 4, 1925 ? September 28, 1966) was an American actor known primarily for his role as Gil Favor in the CBS television series Rawhide.

Contents
1   Early life
2   Rawhide
3   The Glass Bottom Boat and Bonanza
4   High Jungle and death
5   Selected filmography
6   Selected television appearances
7   References
8   External links
Early life
Fleming was born as Edward Heddy Jr. in Santa Paula, California, the only child of Edward and Mildred (Anderson) Heddy.[1]

Born with a club foot, he needed crutches to get around and was often severely beaten by his father. At the age of eight, he attempted to kill his father with a gun, which jammed.[2] He left home shortly after, first to Los Angeles, and then to Chicago, where he lived roughly and associated with gangsters, doing odd jobs for them to make money. At the age of 11, after being wounded in a gunfight between some gangsters and hospitalized, he was returned home to his mother, who had recently divorced.[3]

During the Depression, he dropped out of school and worked at various jobs until he joined the Merchant Marine, before joining the United States Navy in 1942 for World War II. He served as a Seabee in a naval construction battalion.[3]

He received severe facial injuries during a bet in which he was attempting to lift a 200-pound (91 kg) weight and had to undergo extensive plastic surgery to reconstruct his forehead, nose, and jaw. Before this, Fleming had always thought himself "ugly" and considered the incident a "wonderful balance of values."[4]

After his facial reconstruction, he returned to Paramount Studios, where he had been working as a construction worker, grip, and carpenter. He made a bet with an actor that he could do a better audition. He lost the bet and it cost him $100 and "I lost a lot of pride too, which hurt but the $100 hurt worse." Upon deciding that acting had cost him $100, and acting would get it back, he entered acting classes at the studio in the evenings.[4]

Fleming's acting debut came in a road company production of Happy Birthday.[1] He appeared on stage in Chicago and in a number of successful Broadway plays, including the musical Plain and Fancy. He began acting in television shows about the same time. Fleming then moved to Hollywood and starred in several low-budget films, including Fright, Curse of the Undead, and the cult classic Queen of Outer Space.[citation needed]

Rawhide
Poster with Fleming on horseback
In 1958, the 6-foot, 3?-inch (192 cm) Fleming landed the starring role as trail boss Gil Favor in Rawhide. Set in the 1860s, Rawhide portrayed the challenges faced by the men of the cattle drive from San Antonio, Texas, to Sedalia, Missouri. Producer Charles Marquis Warren called on the diary written in 1866 by trail boss George C. Duffield to shape the character of Favor: a savvy, strong, and fair leader who persevered and got the job done.[5]

The top-rated Western, with co-stars Clint Eastwood, Sheb Wooley, and Paul Brinegar, ran from 1959 to 1966. Fleming and Eastwood more or less rotated in playing the lead from week-to-week, but the former was always billed first. Fleming also co-wrote two Rawhide scripts?"Incident of the Night on the Town" (season three, episode 29) and "A Woman's Place" (season four, episode 25).

Fleming, Wooley (trail scout Pete Nolan), James Murdock (Wishbone's clumsy meal assistant Mushy), Robert Cabal (wrangler Hey Soos), and Rocky Shahan (drover Joe Scarlet) were all dismissed by Ben Brady during Rawhide?s summer 1965 hiatus prior to shooting the eighth season. The recently installed sixth executive producer of Rawhide had been tasked with revitalizing the series and reversing declining ratings. Fleming boasted to TV Guide that "CBS fired me because they were paying me a million dollars a year" (only $220,000 to be exact).[6]

With Eastwood promoted against his better judgment to trail boss, the cattle drive continued for 13 episodes before CBS chief William S. Paley preemptively axed it that December.[7] Another cancellation factor, according to Eastwood, was that "Rawhide had been the network's only show to get a rating on Friday night, so they switched us to Tuesday opposite a show with the same type of male audience, Combat!" (ABC's gritty World War II drama starring Rick Jason and Vic Morrow involving the Western Front).[8]

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2022, 08:17:24 am »
A few more westerns...
The Adventures of Champion
The Adventures of Cyclone Malone
The Adventures of Jim Bowie
The Adventures of Kit Carson   
The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin
The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok
The Alaskans
Alias Smith and Jones
The Americans
Annie Oakley
Barbary Coast
Bat Masterson
Bearcats!
Best of the West
The Big Valley
Black Saddle
Bonanza
Boomtown
Boots and Saddles
Bordertown
Branded
Brave Eagle
Bret Maverick
Broken Arrow
Bronco
Buckskin
Buffalo Bill, Jr.
The Californians
Casey Jones
Centennial
Cheyenne
The Chisholms
Cimarron City
Cimarron Strip
Circus Boy
The Cisco Kid
Colt .45
Cowboy G-Men   
The Cowboys
Custer
The Dakotas
Daniel Boone
Davy Crockett
Dead Man's Gun
Dead Man's Walk
Deadwood
Death Valley Days
The Deputy
Destry
Dirty Sally
Dr. Quinn, Politically Correct Medicine Woman
Dundee and the Culhane
Dusty's Trail
Empire
F Troop
Father Murphy
Four Feather Falls
Frontier
Frontier Circus
Frontier Doctor
Frontier Justice
Fury
The Gabby Hayes Show
The Gene Autry Show
Godless
The Gray Ghost
Gun Shy
The Guns of Will Sonnett
Gunslinger
Gunsmoke
Harts of the West
Have Gun ? Will Travel
Hawkeye: The First Frontier
Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans
Hec Ramsey
Hell on Wheels
Here Come the Brides
The High Chaparral
Hondo
Hopalong Cassidy
Hotel de Paree
How the West Was Won
Hudson's Bay
Into the West
The Iron Horse
Jefferson Drum
Johnny Ringo
Judge Roy Bean
Klondike
Kung Fu
Lancer
Laramie
Laredo
Law of the Plainsman
Lawman
The Lazarus Man
Legacy
Legend
The Legend of Jesse James
The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp
The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams
Little House on the Prairie
The Lone Ranger
The Loner
Lonesome Dove
Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years
Lonesome Dove: The Series
Mackenzie's Raiders
The Magnificent Seven
A Man Called Shenandoah
The Man from Blackhawk
Man Without a Gun
The Marshal of Gunsight Pass
Maverick
The Monroes
My Friend Flicka
Nichols
The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca
Northwest Passage
The Oregon Trail
The Outcasts
Outlaws
Overland Trail
Paradise
Peacemakers
The Pinkertons
Pistols 'n' Petticoats
Ponderosa
Pony Express
Queen of Swords
The Quest
Quick Draw
Dunbar
The Range Rider
Rango
Rawhide
Brinegar
The Rebel
Red Ryder
Redigo
The Restless Gun
The Rifleman
Riverboat
The Road West
The Rough Riders
The Rounders
The Roy Rogers Show
Sara
Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
Shane
Sheriff of Cochise
Shotgun Slade
Sky King
Stagecoach West
Steve Donovan, Western Marshal
Stoney Burke
Stories of the Century
Strange Empire
Sugarfoot
Tales of the Texas Rangers
Tales of Wells Fargo
The Tall Man
Tate
Temple Houston
The Texan
Texas John Slaughter
Tombstone Territory
Trackdown
The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters
Two Faces West
Union Pacific
The Virginian
Wagon Train
Wanted: Dead or Alive
The Westerner
Whispering Smith
Wichita Town
Wide Country
The Wild Wild West
Wildside
Wrangler
Yancy Derringer
The Yellow Rose
Yellowstone
Young Dan'l Boone
Young Maverick
The Young Pioneers
The Young Riders
Zorro
Zorro and Son
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2022, 08:58:55 am »
Good list Mr Bush! Brings back memories! The Guns of Will Sonnett. Starring Walter Brennan. The theme; He, (Mr Brennen)s character Will, and his grandson James was in a steady search for Will Sonnetts outlaw son, (Jim Sonnett) per the wish of the grandson. It seemed they were always a day late and a dollar short. Finding the need to clean up the mess Jim had just made, clearing the Sonnett name as Jim had usually just killed someone in a fair gunfight and left town, just before grandpa and grandson arrived. (Just missing finding Jim) lol, .

Mr. Brennan was a great actor in my opinion. I really enjoyed him best as his character played in the Movie Rio Bravo staring with John Wayne, Dean Martin, Angie Dickerson, and Ricky Nelson.   

Phillip

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2022, 11:08:28 am »
Gill did die cao during a movie filming in Peru.
Here is part of the original article from the NYT plus a little more from Wikipedia.

https://www.nytimes.com/1966/10/01/archives/eric-fleming-41-of-rawhide-dies-drowns-in-river-in-peru-during.html#:~:text=ERIC%20FLEMING%2C%2041%2C%20OF%20',Movie%20%2D%20The%20New%20York%20Times

ERIC FLEMING, 41, OF 'RAWHIDE,' DIES; Drowns in River in Peru During Filming of Movie
Oct. 1, 1966

Credit...The New York Times Archives
October 1, 1966,

LIMA, Peru, Sept. 30 (UPI)-- Eric Fleming, star of the television series "Rawhide," drowned Wednesday during the filming of a motion-picture scene 220 miles northeast of Lima. His death was announced here today by the United States Embassy.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eric Fleming

This article is about the American actor. For other people named Eric Fleming, see Eric Fleming (disambiguation).
Eric Fleming
Eric Fleming 1961.JPG
Fleming in 1961
Born   Edward Heddy Jr.
July 4, 1925
Santa Paula, California, U.S.
Died   September 28, 1966 (aged 41)
Tingo Mar?a, Peru
Occupation   Actor
Years active   1944?1966
Partner(s)   Lynne Garber

Clint Eastwood, Paul Brinegar and Eric Fleming in Rawhide (1961)

Eric Fleming (born Edward Heddy Jr.; July 4, 1925 ? September 28, 1966) was an American actor known primarily for his role as Gil Favor in the CBS television series Rawhide.

Contents
1   Early life
2   Rawhide
3   The Glass Bottom Boat and Bonanza
4   High Jungle and death
5   Selected filmography
6   Selected television appearances
7   References
8   External links
Early life
Fleming was born as Edward Heddy Jr. in Santa Paula, California, the only child of Edward and Mildred (Anderson) Heddy.[1]

Born with a club foot, he needed crutches to get around and was often severely beaten by his father. At the age of eight, he attempted to kill his father with a gun, which jammed.[2] He left home shortly after, first to Los Angeles, and then to Chicago, where he lived roughly and associated with gangsters, doing odd jobs for them to make money. At the age of 11, after being wounded in a gunfight between some gangsters and hospitalized, he was returned home to his mother, who had recently divorced.[3]

During the Depression, he dropped out of school and worked at various jobs until he joined the Merchant Marine, before joining the United States Navy in 1942 for World War II. He served as a Seabee in a naval construction battalion.[3]

He received severe facial injuries during a bet in which he was attempting to lift a 200-pound (91 kg) weight and had to undergo extensive plastic surgery to reconstruct his forehead, nose, and jaw. Before this, Fleming had always thought himself "ugly" and considered the incident a "wonderful balance of values."[4]

After his facial reconstruction, he returned to Paramount Studios, where he had been working as a construction worker, grip, and carpenter. He made a bet with an actor that he could do a better audition. He lost the bet and it cost him $100 and "I lost a lot of pride too, which hurt but the $100 hurt worse." Upon deciding that acting had cost him $100, and acting would get it back, he entered acting classes at the studio in the evenings.[4]

Fleming's acting debut came in a road company production of Happy Birthday.[1] He appeared on stage in Chicago and in a number of successful Broadway plays, including the musical Plain and Fancy. He began acting in television shows about the same time. Fleming then moved to Hollywood and starred in several low-budget films, including Fright, Curse of the Undead, and the cult classic Queen of Outer Space.[citation needed]

Rawhide
Poster with Fleming on horseback
In 1958, the 6-foot, 3?-inch (192 cm) Fleming landed the starring role as trail boss Gil Favor in Rawhide. Set in the 1860s, Rawhide portrayed the challenges faced by the men of the cattle drive from San Antonio, Texas, to Sedalia, Missouri. Producer Charles Marquis Warren called on the diary written in 1866 by trail boss George C. Duffield to shape the character of Favor: a savvy, strong, and fair leader who persevered and got the job done.[5]

The top-rated Western, with co-stars Clint Eastwood, Sheb Wooley, and Paul Brinegar, ran from 1959 to 1966. Fleming and Eastwood more or less rotated in playing the lead from week-to-week, but the former was always billed first. Fleming also co-wrote two Rawhide scripts?"Incident of the Night on the Town" (season three, episode 29) and "A Woman's Place" (season four, episode 25).

Fleming, Wooley (trail scout Pete Nolan), James Murdock (Wishbone's clumsy meal assistant Mushy), Robert Cabal (wrangler Hey Soos), and Rocky Shahan (drover Joe Scarlet) were all dismissed by Ben Brady during Rawhide?s summer 1965 hiatus prior to shooting the eighth season. The recently installed sixth executive producer of Rawhide had been tasked with revitalizing the series and reversing declining ratings. Fleming boasted to TV Guide that "CBS fired me because they were paying me a million dollars a year" (only $220,000 to be exact).[6]

With Eastwood promoted against his better judgment to trail boss, the cattle drive continued for 13 episodes before CBS chief William S. Paley preemptively axed it that December.[7] Another cancellation factor, according to Eastwood, was that "Rawhide had been the network's only show to get a rating on Friday night, so they switched us to Tuesday opposite a show with the same type of male audience, Combat!" (ABC's gritty World War II drama starring Rick Jason and Vic Morrow involving the Western Front).[8]
Wow!  What an interesting life he had!  I had read about his untimely death, but I didn't dig into his life any further than that.  Thanks for posting.  Also good call on changing the title of this thread, we've gotten way deeper than just Gunsmoke. 

A few more westerns...
The Adventures of Champion
The Adventures of Cyclone Malone
The Adventures of Jim Bowie
The Adventures of Kit Carson   
The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin
The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok
The Alaskans
Alias Smith and Jones
The Americans
Annie Oakley
Barbary Coast
Bat Masterson
Bearcats!
Best of the West
The Big Valley
Black Saddle
Bonanza
Boomtown
Boots and Saddles
Bordertown
Branded
Brave Eagle
Bret Maverick
Broken Arrow
Bronco
Buckskin
Buffalo Bill, Jr.
The Californians
Casey Jones
Centennial
Cheyenne
The Chisholms
Cimarron City
Cimarron Strip
Circus Boy
The Cisco Kid
Colt .45
Cowboy G-Men   
The Cowboys
Custer
The Dakotas
Daniel Boone
Davy Crockett
Dead Man's Gun
Dead Man's Walk
Deadwood
Death Valley Days
The Deputy
Destry
Dirty Sally
Dr. Quinn, Politically Correct Medicine Woman
Dundee and the Culhane
Dusty's Trail
Empire
F Troop
Father Murphy
Four Feather Falls
Frontier
Frontier Circus
Frontier Doctor
Frontier Justice
Fury
The Gabby Hayes Show
The Gene Autry Show
Godless
The Gray Ghost
Gun Shy
The Guns of Will Sonnett
Gunslinger
Gunsmoke
Harts of the West
Have Gun ? Will Travel
Hawkeye: The First Frontier
Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans
Hec Ramsey
Hell on Wheels
Here Come the Brides
The High Chaparral
Hondo
Hopalong Cassidy
Hotel de Paree
How the West Was Won
Hudson's Bay
Into the West
The Iron Horse
Jefferson Drum
Johnny Ringo
Judge Roy Bean
Klondike
Kung Fu
Lancer
Laramie
Laredo
Law of the Plainsman
Lawman
The Lazarus Man
Legacy
Legend
The Legend of Jesse James
The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp
The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams
Little House on the Prairie
The Lone Ranger
The Loner
Lonesome Dove
Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years
Lonesome Dove: The Series
Mackenzie's Raiders
The Magnificent Seven
A Man Called Shenandoah
The Man from Blackhawk
Man Without a Gun
The Marshal of Gunsight Pass
Maverick
The Monroes
My Friend Flicka
Nichols
The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca
Northwest Passage
The Oregon Trail
The Outcasts
Outlaws
Overland Trail
Paradise
Peacemakers
The Pinkertons
Pistols 'n' Petticoats
Ponderosa
Pony Express
Queen of Swords
The Quest
Quick Draw
Dunbar
The Range Rider
Rango
Rawhide
Brinegar
The Rebel
Red Ryder
Redigo
The Restless Gun
The Rifleman
Riverboat
The Road West
The Rough Riders
The Rounders
The Roy Rogers Show
Sara
Sergeant Preston of the Yukon
Shane
Sheriff of Cochise
Shotgun Slade
Sky King
Stagecoach West
Steve Donovan, Western Marshal
Stoney Burke
Stories of the Century
Strange Empire
Sugarfoot
Tales of the Texas Rangers
Tales of Wells Fargo
The Tall Man
Tate
Temple Houston
The Texan
Texas John Slaughter
Tombstone Territory
Trackdown
The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters
Two Faces West
Union Pacific
The Virginian
Wagon Train
Wanted: Dead or Alive
The Westerner
Whispering Smith
Wichita Town
Wide Country
The Wild Wild West
Wildside
Wrangler
Yancy Derringer
The Yellow Rose
Yellowstone
Young Dan'l Boone
Young Maverick
The Young Pioneers
The Young Riders
Zorro
Zorro and Son

A FEW more. . . ?   :cheesy: 

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2022, 12:03:50 pm »
Wow!  What an interesting life he had!  I had read about his untimely death, but I didn't dig into his life any further than that.  Thanks for posting.  Also good call on changing the title of this thread, we've gotten way deeper than just Gunsmoke. 

Thanks Reagan, I?m glad you enjoyed it. The guy was still young by some standards, when his drowning occurred.

Phillip

« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 04:57:28 pm by Ben Framed »

anything