Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Clever or "Fluff and over-hyped-crap"? : The Double Screen Board  (Read 17237 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Clever or "Fluff and over-hyped-crap"? : The Double Screen Board
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2021, 02:27:56 pm »
NigelP
Its a fascinating study Ben, just don't get bogged down with his minutia on the timed opening of this window and closing
that one etc.
He was UK Victorian and the minutia and exacting detail was expected as such  :wink:

Nigel I appreciate detail. I will keep your good advice in mind as I go.

Thanks,
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
  • Urban setting, no acaricides
    • Love Me Some Honey
I'm entering my third year of beekeeping and have not yet done a split (the last two years being awful!) but when I first read about the double screen, I immediately thought it would be very easy to use for both swarm control or for splits.  Again, I have no practical experience with either. My guess is the easiest way to do a split is the "walk away". What do you think?

And what do you think would be an easier technique(s) for swarm control?
By now you have some #8 screen on hand. Just make one.  Or buy one (one!) And try it. There's no harm. Maybe it will be just the trick for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

anything