Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Gift for Beemaster  (Read 3151 times)

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
A Gift for Beemaster
« on: December 24, 2010, 10:26:37 am »
If you enjoy hanging out here at Beemaster; if you've learned a thing or two here; if you appreciate the work John does to provide us with this fourm, consider a small gift to help support his efforts. Scroll up and click on the "Donations" tab.

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas,
Indy

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: a Gift for Beemaster
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 12:28:48 pm »
you are right and it's something i neglect.  good intentions don't pay the bills....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 02:10:06 pm »
Great idea. I plan on it as soon as I recover from Christmas. I'm also going to send some $$ to Heifer.org to start someone else out in bees.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 03:58:53 pm »
What an awesome idea!  and I like the Heifer idea as well.  Do you have to designate it's for bees?

Merry Christmas everyone!

love,
ziffa

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:43:18 pm »
What an awesome idea!  and I like the Heifer idea as well.  Do you have to designate it's for bees?

love,
ziffa
  they have bees and many other gifts of life-RDY-B
http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.204586/

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 10:02:36 pm »

love,
ziffa

Yup, I think bees are $35 but yes there are several different things that you can 'buy'.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 06:13:50 pm »
Thanks so much for this post and I wrote to each of you generous enough to think of the forum this Christmas :)

I thank you so much for thinking of us in this season - times are tougher than the news and government will ever let on, until the truth smacks us in the face and there is no denying it.

This morning leaving the base after working midnight, I went to Wawa and got 3 coffees and half a dozen donuts for the gate guards and returned to work surprising them with that simple gift. I thanked them as I do every year for serving their country and let them know their families will be in my prayers.

That is a tradition I have done for well over a decade now and continually seeing new faces is thought provoking - I hope all those from years past are reunited with their families and those there now are kept safe from harm's way.

But this simple act of appreciation always seems such a big deal to them, and I know deep inside I did a really nice thing.

Thanks again for thinking of the forum, your act of kindness does not go unnoticed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

(( MODIFYING POST))

I read over my post here and just wanted to add, to EVERYONE active in the forum a BIG THANKS, your participation is what makes the forum go around - I'm GRATEFUL TO EVERYONE HERE, and please know my letter above this modify is just a special thanks to those who were able to assist the forum, but to everyone - as I state below my avatar image "It is my PLEASURE to bring the forum to you ALL" and as in the past few years, I hope to see as MANY OF YOU as possible at Bud"3" our annual gathering during the last full weekend in April in Macon, MS.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:46:49 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 09:18:59 pm »
speaking  of bud3, is there a firm date....if there was a post or a sticky i missed it, but i'll look again.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 10:28:40 pm »
Kathy:

The dates can change, but it is always the "LAST FULL WEEKEND of APRIL" - in 2011 it is April 23rd and 24th - That way you can figure on the event years ahead if needed :)

Hope to see you there!!!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 12:34:00 pm »
Kathy:

The dates can change, but it is always the "LAST FULL WEEKEND of APRIL" - in 2011 it is April 23rd and 24th - That way you can figure on the event years ahead if needed :)

Hope to see you there!!!

I'm pretty sure I'll be making the mecca this year. I've been talking to several folks on ventrilo and would really like to meet 'em all face-to-face.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 02:12:35 pm »
in 2011 it is April 23rd and 24th

FYI.....The 24th is Easter
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 02:31:40 pm »
Hope to see you K9 and THANKS Rob, gonna have to work on that date than - I hate holidays that move weeks and months apart from one year to the next - wish they'd make up their minds  :imsorry: I don't make the rules.  :roll: I do understand it is the FIRST SUNDAY after the FIRST FULL MOON after the Spring EQUINOX (after searching why of course) Lordy we have some strange rules out there!

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 03:44:30 pm »
Ya, Easter is a tough one to keep track of.   Only reason I know is that the 24th is my son's birthday.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline charmd2

• House Bee
Re: A Gift for Beemaster
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 02:08:15 am »
Just a nudge back to the top. 
Charla Hinkle