Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Removal Map - Relocated or Removed?  (Read 4979 times)

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
Bee Removal Map - Relocated or Removed?
« on: January 04, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »
First off . . . love'n the new look and feel of the site. Many props to all the effort on the part of admin!!!

Just curious about the Removal Map. There used to be a link to the page at the top and pretty easy to find, even for new guest. Now I'm not able to find the link with the new format and am wondering if it's just me, or are others having issues as well. Or is it simply not updated yet or part of the new version?

Thanks,
GD
Life is but a candle, a dream must give it flame.

* TheBeePlace.com * Honey * Bees * Hives * Supplies * Services *
* Facebook/The Bee Place * Like Us On Facebook

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bee Removal Map - Relocated or Removed?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 01:05:39 pm »
Gd,
I see the same thing. I suspect it did not make the cut.
I have had my name on it for years and although I get calls routinely, I never had a customer say they found my name of this board.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 02:11:29 pm »
Yeah Jim, I wasn't sure if the map was going to be included with the upgrade or not, but just thought I'd put a note on here in case it was just a missing link that accidentally got overlooked. Or perhaps is still in the works.

I've had one customer mention the map is where and how they located my info. Which of course it is always nice to know where calls come from, but not all share that info.

Thanks and best of luck with your bees this season!

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:52:50 pm »
Yeah Jim, I wasn't sure if the map was going to be included with the upgrade or not, but just thought I'd put a note on here in case it was just a missing link that accidentally got overlooked. Or perhaps is still in the works.

I've had one customer mention the map is where and how they located my info. Which of course it is always nice to know where calls come from, but not all share that info.

Thanks and best of luck with your bees this season!
Thanks GD. Yeah, it only takes one call from a customer to make it worth keeping it on there. I asked several customers , always hoping they had found me there but never did get the correct answer.
Good luck with your bees also.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:25:48 pm »
Guys, I can't answer this one - when Robo catches up with his own personal work, I'm sure he will address the issue. It's a busy week for him.

His priority was shutting down the old forum and getting the new one up without any troubles and he's done an awesome job. I'm sure the swarm map will be back in some form soon - likely it exists out there, I just don't have a direct URL to it. Then again, that is just a guess, and I'm probably the least techy guy here  :embarassed:

In another post Michael Bush I believe, mentioned he didn't see any differences in the general usage of the forum - THAT was exactly what the plan was and it came off smooth. The ones who will see the ease of the new changes will be NEW members, not so much old ones. Such as certain button placement for posting and replying, etc..

I mentioned how I love the DRAFT mode in all the POST boxes, I just noticed I have 5 posts going and can take my time doing them right - that is an amazing feature - one I hope members DO NOTICE!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 12:58:04 am »
Thanks for the input beemaster,
We certainly appreciate all the efforts on everyone's part around here, especially admin for allowing us the place to hang out and learn, share, debate, discuss, promote, beg, borrow and steal etc. ;)
I have a feeling you are correct and obviously this is the best time of the year to have that swarm / removal service map offline.
I doubt anyone will miss it for a good while, so I totally understand and will be more than patient  and if it comes back, great. If it does not, I'm sure there will be a good reason.

I mainly wanted to make a note, just in case it was somehow overlooked . . . which I doubted, but just wanted to make sure.
Thanks again . . . for the info and all else!

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 09:22:13 am »
The swarm map was built on top of the old infrastructure and is not compatible with the new infrastructure.   The plan is to restore the same or similar function.  For the next few weeks my real job is consuming 99% of my time, so it will be a while until it is restored.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 08:25:29 pm »
The swarm map was built on top of the old infrastructure and is not compatible with the new infrastructure.   The plan is to restore the same or similar function.  For the next few weeks my real job is consuming 99% of my time, so it will be a while until it is restored.

I know the felling. You have more frying pans than eyes on the stove going.

John

Offline GDRankin

• House Bee
    • The Bee Place
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 02:37:57 am »
 :beemaster:
Glad to hear Rob,
Thanks for taking the time to update us and know your efforts are more than appreciated . . . to say the least!

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 11:52:41 am »
Alright thanks for the update, I thought I'd done messed up something.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)