Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Titebond lll - alternative  (Read 12873 times)

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
Re: Titebond lll - alternative
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2023, 06:41:14 pm »
After having a problem buyingTitebond i purchased a couple of tibes and now find that they don't store very well. The glue has lumped up and it will take a lot of masaging to get it right.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2023, 11:49:41 pm »
After having a problem buyingTitebond i purchased a couple of tibes and now find that they don't store very well. The glue has lumped up and it will take a lot of masaging to get it right.

Not good news Max, did you store it in a controlled environment ?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2023, 01:03:28 am »
And I don't know that it comes in tubes here in America. It comes either in a plastic gallon jug or a quart size plastic container.
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2023, 08:01:24 am »

Not good news Max, did you store it in a controlled environment ?

Phillip
What is a " controlled environment" for glue?

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2023, 08:30:51 am »
"Max2"
What is a " controlled environment" for glue?

The same as a controlled environment for any other item, product, or being. For example in my location the temperature may range from an extreme of 0-f to 105-f plus. Depending on the time and season of the year and the year itself. Even so I have not had any problems keeping Titebond in an uncontrolled environment. (in a shed out of doors, a place or environment where nature has its way temperature wise in this case)

Since you live in an area of the world 'which may' be more extreme in weather conditions than my area, perhaps this 'might' be the source of your problem with Titebond. I have not read the fine print on storage suggestions by the manufacturer of Titebond, but perhaps if you were to store yours somewhere in your home for example, a place where the extremes are never reached, ("a controlled environment"), your problem would cease? That is if you are not storing it in a
 ("controlled environment") already? Thus the question.  I hope that helps...

Phillip

« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 08:55:08 am by Ben Framed »

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2023, 05:23:18 am »
It was stored in my worksroom - never below say 15 C and never above 32C max

Not sure what the issue is.

When I have a spare moment i will read the fine print

thanks