Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Work with a Highly Regarded Google Ads Expert Melbourne to Feel the Transformative Effect of Certified Google Ads Management. Our Tried-and-True Methods Will Increase Your Brand's Online Presence, Revenue, and Sales While Assuring Long-Term Success in the Cutthroat Digital Market.

Google Ads Expert in Melbourne
Welcome to Beemaster, tamhnguyen!  :happy:
tamhnguyen Welcome to Beemaster !
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Biden Famous Quotes!
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 02, 2024, 11:50:42 pm »
Joe Biden famous quotes:
> How many times does he have to prove we can?t be trusted!<  :cheesy: :wink: :cool:

https://youtube.com/shorts/-7Q4j05ve38?si=VGh53nyAv8FPHYqM
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by Lesgold on May 02, 2024, 11:45:54 pm »
Joe and I went for a walk up a dry stream bed yesterday. I had just purchased a new coil for one of my detectors and wanted to try it out. The gold was hard to find but we managed to bring home a few pieces including one sunbaker.
Hello everyone,

I am very new to bee keeping.   I recently purchase a NUC that came in the form of 5-deep Langstroth frames.

I am thinking about transition to either a 20-frame Layens or a Bee Barn style by Vino farm.

Is there anyone from central of NJ that has either one of these bee hives?

Thank you in advance.

[mention]Terri Yaki [/mention]It wont hurt to wash those jars out. I don?t like mold, I think the bees quit taking it as fast when it starts to mold.

I also find that if they arnt building out the outside frames, I can take the first frame you pulled out (frame 2) and flip it and put it to the wall so the drawn side is against the wall, and insert frame 1 in between 2 and 3. That hive is young yet, but in a week or two I might move some frames around. Also, if you add a new box in a week or two, they will move up and draw that out. You can move the new comb into the center of the brood below, pushing the frames out and move the edge frames to the top box.

That hive tool looks like a lot of work the way you?re tugging on frames. I like the larger j hook tools. They have a heel that you can pry the frames up with. And when spreading frames I insert the bit between the frames and twist. It also has a long enough handle to give the leverage needed to go between the end frame and hive body and move all ten frames at once from side to side to compress them against the opposing wall, the. Pry between the other wall to center the stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Swarm Catching
« Last post by Terri Yaki on May 02, 2024, 09:07:48 pm »
So...what are these things doing? They were around hot and heavy yesterday morning and suddenly, they were gone. Then, this evening, the gang showed back up. I suspect it's the same crew because they didn't come in a few at first, they all showed up at once and checked everything out, over and over again. I did cut a notch in the inner cover and they found that and prefer it over the entrance on the porch. I sealed up that seam with wax so they weren't inspecting that any more and I got wax all down the front of the hive. They were sniffing at that too. As the sun went down and it started to cool, they all went inside. I got up close before coming in and they came out both entrances to let me know they are there. Is this typical? I set the alert on the camera so when they start up in the morning, I'll hear about it.
HONEYBEE REMOVAL / Re: Expensive Issue
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 02, 2024, 07:28:49 pm »
Unlike Jurassic; My bee removal 'hands on' experience is limited, but I did study to learn how to do so for the sake of acquiring my first start in bees, after watching 'many removal videos' by JP and Schawee.. In my less than a hand full of cutouts I replaced everything I took apart including sheetrock if on the inside or siding etc on the outside so that a stranger would never know a cutout was done.. 'Never' did I see any reason for extensive damage done by a bee colony.

In this case, at the very worse hypothetical scenario, 'might have been' if the hundred plus pounds of honey had been slimed by the Small Hive Beetles and ruined the flooring, which simply was not the case. If that was the residents would have noticed it for sure. They only knew that there was something in the wall making a noise on the inside of the wall that was not visible to the naked eye and apparently no tell tale signs, including damage. According to the report they were 'shocked' to find bees..

So by the evidence presented by the report, I dare say this removal was no different than any other except maybe larger... more bees, comb, and honey etc. Therefore I tend to agree with Jurassic on this one.....

Phillip
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Swarm Catching
« Last post by Terri Yaki on May 02, 2024, 07:11:13 pm »
And just like that, my scouts are back.   :shocked:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10