Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from South Dakota  (Read 3175 times)

Offline tjschelhaas

• New Bee
    • Lego Idea: Sweet Honey
Hello from South Dakota
« on: February 08, 2022, 11:11:30 pm »
Hello,
I'm just starting out with beekeeping this spring myself. I have been helping my grandpa in the past with his hives, mostly in the fall. I'm supper excited to finally have my own this spring. and been doing lots of prepping for that. Everything I see says to start out with 2 hives so that's what I'm doing. I have enjoyed learning a lot about bees lately. As a kid I was so afraid of them that I would take of in the other direction at just the site or sound of one. Now I have been up close to hives even without a suite at times. I look forward to using the hives as a way to educate my own kids and friends that bees do have a gentle side.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Hello from South Dakota
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 12:33:43 am »
Hello tjschelhaas,
Welcome to beekeeping and welcome to Beemaster!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 07:27:16 am »
          Thank you for coming by ..To Beemaster I hope you can learn a few things. Off this forum about honey bees.. I stated my beekeeping adventure...  The Winter of 1956.. I was 8 years old.. I had a mentor that lived . About a 150 yd from my house.. I did receive a lot of Christmas gift.. That were bee related.. You have to put your order in for package bees where I lived in New England.. in the USA..   You have to place Your order . In January To assure that you get a Spring delivery... I received my Packages of honeybees in the second week in April 1957... By this time I was 9 years old...  Kept bees for about 63 years... Before I moved to the Philippines...

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 11:18:35 am »
Welcome to Beemaster!  :happy:  I too have made the turn around from a fear of bees, and all bugs actually, as a child, to now a lover of bees and (almost) all insects.  :grin: 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline microage97

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 12:57:49 pm »
Hello tjschelhaas and welcome to the forums!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 02:52:40 pm »
tjschelhaas,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Bee sure to check out the BeeFest link. It will bee March 18-20.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline tjschelhaas

• New Bee
    • Lego Idea: Sweet Honey
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 08:50:19 pm »
Thanks for the welcoming!

Offline Honey Hive Farms

• New Bee
    • Honey Hive Farms
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 09:14:01 am »
Glad you joined. Hope you can find the time to be on here. We grew our bee yards so much now all we do is check on the bees. Not much time to be on many forums. Watch how many hives you wish for  LOL.
Take care...wish you well
Saving the world one bee at a time!
www.HoneyHiveFarms.com