MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING

DON'T OPEN THIS! iT'S SPAM!

(1/5) > >>

salvo:
Hi Folks,

Rainy and windy today in Massachusetts. Boring day.

Asked my wife: What's for supper? She replied: I don't know. What do we have? I said: I got that Spam in there (bought a bunch five or six years ago). I eat it alone,... just me and the dog.

Wife hates it. I like it. High or low salt, regular or bacon flavor, with beans, eggs, just mustard and bread.

My family ate a lot of stuff growing up, pot head to government surplus. I like tripe. But SPAM! Yowza! Well,... pot head too. Well,... tripe too.

What are your best memories of Spam? What do you remember fondly (or not so fondly) that you haven't had in a long time.

Please click the link:
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/americas-miracle-meat-the-story-of-spam-3-recipes/

Sal
OH! That Art of Manliness site is great. Look around.

The15thMember:
I guess I am too young to have personal knowledge of Spam.  I've seen it in stores, but my family never ate it, and my parent's didn't either as children to my knowledge.  (I know my mother's family didn't, since my grandfather was a butcher.)  I however, in spite of being a woman, can testify that Art of Manliness is a great website.  I once needed to know how men shaved in ancient times for a novel I am writing, and they had a fantastic article about it.  They've also supplied me with other quality answers to totally random questions several times.   

Michael Bush:
I spent all my summers at church camp.  They got commodities which is where I got my first taste of REAL butter.  But one summer they got a huge surplus of two things:  peanut butter and spam.

So for breakfast we had spam and eggs.  For lunch we had spam salad sandwiches. For supper we had spam pizza.  And always there was peanut butter on the table...  The next day we would have spam and pancakes, spam and cheese sandwiches and BBQ spam.  The next day it would be spam with biscuts and gravy, spam and peanut butter sandwiches and roast spam.  You get the picture.  After three months of spam for breakfast, lunch and supper I hope to never taste it again...

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Michael Bush on December 07, 2020, 07:12:47 pm ---I spent all my summers at church camp.  They got commodities which is where I got my first taste of REAL butter.  But one summer they got a huge surplus of two things:  peanut butter and spam.

So for breakfast we had spam and eggs.  For lunch we had spam salad sandwiches. For supper we had spam pizza.  And always there was peanut butter on the table...  The next day we would have spam and pancakes, spam and cheese sandwiches and BBQ spam.  The next day it would be spam with biscuts and gravy, spam and peanut butter sandwiches and roast spam.  You get the picture.  After three months of spam for breakfast, lunch and supper I hope to never taste it again...

--- End quote ---

:shocked: :grin:  At least you got ahold of that REAL butter! Yum!

salvo:
Hi Folks,

A Few Fun Facts You May Not Know About Tripe

1. Tripe juice is good for a hangover.
2. Tripe increases libido.
3. Wrap your head with tripe and cover with a swimming cap for a cure for hair loss.

Sal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version