Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Discovery about bumblebees  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Seeb

• House Bee

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: Discovery about bumblebees
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 06:45:29 pm »
That does not suprise me - although I didn't know the details. ... I noticed at my house, that the decorative Plums and Cherry trees began blooming 3-4 weeks longer & with far more blooms, after I got honey bees. In year after I lost my bees - the trees went back to their "normal" bloom cycle of 1-2 weeks. The next year (and every yr since) after I got bees again, the trees bloom long and full.

So - to my observation, the bees have some level of direct control/impact on the health and flower duration of flowering trees & plants.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 02:38:34 pm »
So - to my observation, the bees have some level of direct control/impact on the health and flower duration of flowering trees & plants.

I certainly intend to pay better attention. National Geographic had the same article and were touting it as a potential boon to agriculture if it could be replicated by humans

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 09:18:37 pm »
Thank you for posting this Seeb. Well worth knowing.  Very interesting.......
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.