Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Supprise Harvest  (Read 3188 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Supprise Harvest
« on: January 02, 2016, 03:13:19 pm »
My wife and I were cleaning out her over grown to garden getting ready to return it to a grass area. I backed the bush hog over a mound that had been the trash pile for plants and weeds that were pulled up and had been growing taller every year.
After the first pass I saw an exposed sweet patato. We ended up with 6 pounds of sweet potatos.
My wife had planted them 2 years ago but they did not seem to grow in the rows she planted.
Nice surprise.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Supprise Harvest
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:50:18 pm »
Renegade yams!  What next?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:00:28 pm »
This time of year is a great time to eat sweet potatoes.  I will be right over :grin:.
Cheers
gww

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 07:45:35 pm »
Ok GWW. My wife will bee cooking them up Sunday a week from tomorrow.  :grin:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 08:37:38 pm »
Yams, heck. Now is a great time to head for Florida.

Jim, set me a plate.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 12:10:00 am »
Sounds like I will need to break out a couple of leafs for the table.  :grin:
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 05:53:45 am »
As usual I've been over thinking things with considering building a potato tower
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 12:33:17 pm »
I had 2 leafs added to the table, plates set and nobody from here showed up!  :grin:
We did have a full table on Sunday, My children, grand children and friends. It was great. It was the first time we had every seat filled at the new table in our new house.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 12:35:12 pm »
Believe me, I was there in spirit.  I like sweet potatoes.
Cheers
gww

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 12:40:07 pm »
Thanks gww,
Some year in the future I would like to bee able to invite everyone here to a weekend bee fest at the farm. We all get together and do and talk bees. I will need a lot more hives so that we have a bunch of swarms to work with like at Bud7 only on the east coast..
Speaking of which, any plans brewing?
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 02:02:37 pm »
The three kids with shotguns hollering "You ain't gettin' my taters" were enough to make me leave quick.   :cool: 
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 03:40:17 pm »
Yeah, I drove by, but decided not to stop when I saw those scallawags accosting poor old Iddee  :shocked:
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944