ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

magnet fishing?

(1/3) > >>

Kathyp:
Has anyone tried this?  I have a place that is on a river and next to a reservoir.  I was thinking it would be fun to try, but I suspect I'd get a lot of fishing lures.   :grin:

The good magnets are kind of spendy, but over all it looks like a relatively inexpensive way to spend time in the outdoors.

The15thMember:
I had to laugh about this because they were talking about doing this over the summer on the Dale Jr. Download, and the best thing they found was a metal broom handle.  :cheesy:  I think it's a cool idea, but I'd imagine like metal detecting, it might take some practice of knowing where to look for actually good stuff. 

Terri Yaki:
I've heard about it a bit but never tried it and don't know anyone who has but it sounds like fun in the right spot. I think the right spot(s) are going to be near bridges or landings, where people can throw stuff over.

BeeMaster2:
Kathy,
I have a small fishing magnet that Judy bought me for my birthday several years ago. I use it to find tools that I have dropped in the pond. They do work. There are a lot of videos on YouTube that do it. If you find guns, which is commonly found in water near roads, 🐝 sure to call the police, most of them have been used and disposed of by criminals.
The bigger they are the better they are at finding things.
Mine is about two inches in diameter and one inch thick. You?re wasting your time with anything smaller. It can?t pick you real heavy objects.
Jim Altmiller

Lesgold:
It?s a pity that gold and silver are not magnetic. I?m sure that you could recover some interesting relics from some areas. Old rifles, pistols and knives come to mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version