Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Blue Team Green Team  (Read 1246 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Blue Team Green Team
« on: May 03, 2008, 05:10:05 pm »
Checked the girls yesterday. The little buggers demolished & re-built the foundation, took the wax off the bottom & some sides making holes so it isn't attatched leaving the wire by itself. Cells on the outer edges are humongeous, ones in the center are smaller then some midrange. Not as much burr from the green team. Guess they do do what they want to & know more bout being bees than I!! Tons of capped & larva of all sizes. Still didn't see the queens but I move so slowly she has plenty of time to scamper out of the way!  I have 2 8frm meds that were 5-6 out of 8 drawn so I added another box> I forget how many make up a whole deep.  Busy busy bringing in pollen of all colors.  I do get a kick out of how they run around w/butts in the air when I open the top to check the syrup..stingers are out so they are mooning me saying "C-meer I got sompin for ya!!" :-D  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline bzzzybee

• New Bee
Re: Blue Team Green Team
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:18:26 pm »
I have 2 8frm meds that were 5-6 out of 8 drawn so I added another box> I forget how many make up a whole deep. 

Three medium = two deeps

Also we noticed in our two foundationless hives, the one with lots of bees was happily drawing almost a full frame of big fat drone cells, while the one with fewer bees was making mostly worker cells. I guess they know what they need!

Offline Ross

• Field Bee
    • http://www.myoldtools.com
Re: Blue Team Green Team
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:41:47 pm »
That's the way it works.  The bees will ultimately do what they want, even on foundation.  They will chew out drone and make worker and vice versa.  I just move the drone frames to the outside or up to the supers and move on.
www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain