Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Label Machine  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Label Machine
« on: January 09, 2017, 03:01:59 pm »
This is my crude label machine if you can view it on FB.

Edit:  The link did not work.  Go to post #11 and see them on Youtube.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:49:21 pm by Acebird »
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
Re: Label Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:38:50 pm »
nothing there except your photos of the jar and bee hives.

john

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:18:31 am »

Thanks John, I am green when it comes to FB.  I saved the videos and changed the viewing to "public" but I don't know if it works.  If you could check again.  Anyone know if there is a way to download a video from FB to your hard drive?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline mtnb

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:41:17 pm »
Nope, still can't see it.
I'd rather be playing with venomous insects
GO BEES!

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:50:59 pm »
Anyone know why or what you have to do?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 08:44:08 pm »
Just load them here with tiny pics unless you want the fb traffic.

http://tinypic.com/
John 3:16

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 09:02:24 pm »
are u using those clear self printing labels. like the ones you can buy at wally world and use you personal printer at home. I tried them once but the graphics would not show up good. their great if gust using lettering.

john

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 01:13:51 pm »
Just load them here with tiny pics unless you want the fb traffic.

http://tinypic.com/

My problem is I can't get the file off the I-crap mini that my wife owns.  It takes great video and pics but it is glued to her accounts.  So I had to up load it to her FB then Share it to my FB but for some reason people who are not listed as my friends cannot see it even though I have it listed as public.  Apparently I-crap does not let you upload to someone else's account.  I tried to send it to youtube.  Can't do it.  The last video I did on the thing I emailed it to myself and then saved it to my hard drive.  This file is just a bit too big to email.

I was going to try and upload it to my wifes dropbox but the internet says dropbox is having technical issues.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 01:17:18 pm »
are u using those clear self printing labels.

No John the labels come from Betterbee on a roll but they are clear.  For creamed honey I use black ink and for regular honey I use white ink.  I really like the label I just wish Betterbee did not perf the label stock.  My first order wasn't perfed.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 04:21:05 pm »
I download videos with a program called YTD video downloader. I use the Pro version.
Save the video and it will be in you documents.
You can then upload the video to facebook.
Hey I do it all the time.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 05:52:48 pm »
Download from where Capt?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 06:42:34 pm »
Try these youtube links.
https://youtu.be/yo0AGWjKyRE
https://youtu.be/5r4Ul5cSHro

Thanks Capt the downloader worked.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:47 pm »
Very nice!

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 09:46:59 pm »
Thanks,
It was harder to get the videos uploaded then it was to make the machine.
Copy anything you like.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34:44 pm »
Ace
I love seeing poeple make things that I might like to copy.  I hope you keep showing what you are doing.  No, I still haven't made the hive lift either.  That doesn't mean I wont.  I would like to see a vidio of your home made extractor (I am not wrong on this am I?).  I believe that is the thing I am going to need to try first.  Or at least I hope I could use one this year.  I like industrious poeple that do for themselves.  I do sometimes or I do with out.
Thanks
gww

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 11:04:15 pm »
Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4N25d05Hp4
My wife likes to get up close with the camera.  I can't get her to understand that you get more information if you stand back.  Hey, you get what you pay for. :-)
This is another older Youtube when I was first developing the unit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ohS0ar204s
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 12:53:04 am »
Ace
Intesting concept on the retaining clips you used.  Thanks for posting.  I will probly do something with a sewing machine motor and pullies and vbelts cause I have a comercial sewing machine motor new in the box and it has a clutch system on it.  If I can come up with a very stiff moving bar to put pressure on the clutch, I might get a slow start and then be able to hold the speed with out buying anything new except the pullies and belt if I can't find something I already have laying around.  If not, I will start with something really simple and use a drill.

I was originally looking for a scrapped treadmill in the hopes of getting a motor and speed controller but then remembered the sewing machine motor.

I made a chicken plucker and now kinda wish I still had the stuff I used to make it.  It was a stainless steel wash tub and would have been a good start.  The chicken plucker is cool though.  I just won't use it anymore cause the wife has ended up making pets out of the chickens and won't eat them even if I were to butcher more.

Again, Thanks for posting your stuff and also for responding to my request to see your extractor.  It is nice that you do things for yourself and also that you share them with me.
Cheers
gww

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 09:38:34 am »
I will probly do something with a sewing machine motor and pullies and vbelts cause I have a comercial sewing machine motor new in the box and it has a clutch system on it.

It's not 3 phase?  It will be hard to control speed with the clutch system.  I wish I could donate all the tread mills we have to get rid of to my beekeeping friends.  Everybody has one.  Nobody uses them for more than a year and then they end up in storage, move away and stop paying.  Who is going to spend 500 in traveling expenses to come get something they don't use?  Anyway, put your name in at any storage facility for unwanted stuff.  You may have to clean out a disgusting bin to pick up free stuff.  At any rate I would concentrate on the treadmill drive.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 12:19:36 pm »
Ace
Yes the sewing michine motor might be hard to control with a clutch.  It is also a really fast motor at around 3400 rpm.  I have a couple of comercial sewing michines and it is easy for them to really get going even on a sewing michine.  However, even if I set the extractor up with what I have, changing just the motor should not be that hard.  I am sure I will run on to a junk treadmill one of these days.  I sold my wifes for $50/75 (can't remember for sure).  I have a treadmill motor on my jointer now.  Tread mills and weight sets seem to go unused.  I made a sawmill out of a weight station,  trailer hubs a garden tiller that had the tranny out.

I believe I have a shaft for the extractor.  It came of on old back massager.  Funny looking thing with dowls that you leaned up against to get your massage.  What I am trying to think through is how to be able to have enough support but yet be able to load the frames from the top with out having to take anything apart.  I looked at two bicycle rims as an alturnative but they were too wide to fit in a 50 gal plastic barrel.

My stuff will probly be a little more rickety then what you build but I expect it to work.  If I ever get the extractor and my bees live long enough to give honey, I will then need a labeler :grin:.

My goal as always is to not buy anything while I make stuff.
Cheers
gww