Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A First  (Read 2539 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
A First
« on: March 10, 2014, 10:05:01 pm »
Yesterday was a first for my wife and me. Mama Dottie gave birth to four kids. We've never had quads born before. Now I got to count baby goats all over again.

Mama Dottie is the goat with dots.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
Re: A First
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:03 pm »
can she feed that many?

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 01:45:29 am »
I bet they are tiny!  Hope she can raise that many.  If I had several mothers I might consider trying to share the workload.  But I never raised a goat in my life.  I have lambed a few thousand sheep for several years. 

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 10:40:49 pm »
Vance; I'm not calling this an absolute truth, but my experience has been this; The nannies have to have given birth very recently and lost the baby. Then what I've done is take the dead baby and rub it all over the other baby. Then put it where the other was born at. They seem to favor the birthing place for some reason.

10framer; Some of my goats have udders comparable to cows - no joke. Comparable as in 1/2 the size. This particular nannie would stand for all four. I don't like seeing more than two. When my wife said she had four I immediately said without looking, "They ain't all gonna make it." We lost one today.

My wife cried and I made up a poem;

Hi      Ho

Hi       Ho

its over the fence you go
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything