Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Fayetteville, NC  (Read 2159 times)

Offline beegurl17

• Brood
Hello from Fayetteville, NC
« on: April 28, 2007, 08:24:52 pm »
Hey! I just picked up my package of bees today and realized that I don't know how to install my wax foundation into the frames.  :? This probably sounds totally stupid, but if I slide the foundation in, the hooks are on the bottom and the foundation then falls out. Anyway, I was on the HomesteadingToday bee forum and there was no one viewing so I knew I wouldn't get an immediate answer. So I came here. That's my story. I've been interested in bees for about two years now and I finally bought my hive, equipment, and now bees today. I will be hiving them tomorrow morning. :-x

Offline AllanJ

• House Bee
Re: Hello from Fayetteville, NC
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 09:44:57 pm »
What type of frames and foundation do you have?  Can you give us a link to the products you purchase?

Also, best to hive the package late in the afternoon. Less chance of them flying away when you install them closer to evening.

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 11:11:26 pm »
You need to break the little wedge out of the top bar and put the wax in with the wire hooks up and facing out so you can slide the wedge back in locking the wire up against the top bar. I usually put three small nails in the wedge to hold  it in place.
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline beegurl17

• Brood
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:05:11 pm »
Thanks everybody! I ended up figuring out what romahawk said. The foundation went in great and I hived the bees at five p.m. Sunday. Everything looks good.

anything