Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Eivindm's membership maps  (Read 120431 times)

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
Re: Eivindm's membership maps
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2007, 04:03:21 am »
Wow!  who's the person in the middle of the Arabian Sea? 

A guy in the Seychelles islands.

Offline the kid

• House Bee
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2007, 04:50:05 pm »
the kid I live 40 miles north of the twinkes

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2007, 08:52:48 am »
Yow! whe mi deh?

Literal translation; Where am i?

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2007, 08:52:35 am »
Yow! whe mi deh?

Literal translation; Where am i?

Whenever my software finds a new location (land or state) it doesn't recognize, I have to plot the coordinates.  The following places is in queue for plotting:

lebanon
jamaica
colombia
macedonia

I'm sorry for the delay, but I'm unfortunately loaded with work at the moment.  I will look at it as soon as I have som e time off.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2007, 05:09:00 pm »
i dont find myself on the map im in Central PA
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2007, 04:49:16 am »
i dont find myself on the map im in Central PA

Sorry for a *very* slow response.  I looked into it now, and you had been sorted out right and placed under PA, but the window size was too low for all the usernames to be shown in the popup window on my computer.  I guess that could be the reason you couldn't see it either.  I have now increased the window size of the popup window.  If this is still too low, rezizing of that window should do.  I should really make a better solution to this :-)

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2007, 01:50:12 pm »
thanks it works now
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2007, 06:53:18 pm »
Bmad12 North Port, FL

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2007, 05:57:21 am »
Bmad12 North Port, FL

You're on the map now :)  As long as the location is set in the profile, it will be picked up by my software (it recognizes the names of the states and it shortnames (like FL for florida)).

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2007, 06:59:43 am »
cool, thanks

Offline Ronnie Moore

• New Bee
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2007, 12:04:25 am »
Hey I would like to put my name on this list to how is it done or can you do it for me My name is Ronnie Moore I live In Gaston SC

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2007, 05:19:13 am »
Hey I would like to put my name on this list to how is it done or can you do it for me My name is Ronnie Moore I live In Gaston SC

You are in fact already on the map after the last update I made just now.  As long as you have written your location in the profile (as you have done), and this is easiliy recognizable (as SC is), you will be automatically placed on the map  :)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2007, 09:14:50 am »
I've just modified my profile to include our home in Lebanon, Maine - we're getting three nucs up there this spring.  Could you include a marker there, too?

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2007, 10:55:55 am »
I've just modified my profile to include our home in Lebanon, Maine - we're getting three nucs up there this spring.  Could you include a marker there, too?

Hi!

I noticed lebanon recently, and had it on my todo-list for new country additions (among jamaica and a few others).  But I now see I was terribly mistaken as you live in Maine USA :)  But since you edited your location and added ME, you will soon be placed under Maine.  I just need an update from the forum software, which I get once a day.  So sometime soon, you will be be placed on the map where you should :-)

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2007, 06:38:32 pm »

Hi!

I noticed lebanon recently, and had it on my todo-list for new country additions (among jamaica and a few others).  But I now see I was terribly mistaken as you live in Maine USA :)  But since you edited your location and added ME, you will soon be placed under Maine.  I just need an update from the forum software, which I get once a day.  So sometime soon, you will be be placed on the map where you should :-)
Actually we shouldbe in two places.  This is Woodchopper, Reinbeau's husband, we have two homes with bees, one in Hanson, MA, one in Lebanon, ME.  I'm going to put Lebanon in my profile, so it will be picked up.  Thank you.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline sandhya

• New Bee
  • March 2007 Rakkasah Festival
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2007, 01:26:09 am »
hmmm :? new to site....trying to figure out how this works..I click on the numbers, but it doesnt hyperlink me anywhere...I'll keep trying, but first I will be sure to read all posts on this subject!  :-D
Be Well,
Sandy "Sandhya"
I believe if we give of ourselves, we will live forever.

Offline abates99

• New Bee
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2007, 06:19:36 pm »
Just thought I would check in,  I have only been a member for a few weeks.  I live in Ash Flat, AR. USA

Offline Davepeg

• House Bee
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2008, 12:11:33 pm »
How do we get added to the list?
Peggy
(In NY)
We love the girls...

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2008, 03:58:12 pm »
How do we get added to the list?
Peggy
(In NY)

It is automatic as long as you have updated your location in your profile (which you did).   Every night,  the forum software updates the member list and provides it to Eivind for his map.  I'm not sure how often he update the map,  but it shouldn't take too long.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2008, 02:59:14 pm »
It is automatic as long as you have updated your location in your profile (which you did).   Every night,  the forum software updates the member list and provides it to Eivind for his map.  I'm not sure how often he update the map,  but it shouldn't take too long.
Sorry for a very slow reply.  It has been busy times at work with a lot of overtime.

I have plans to make it full automatic, but the servers I use at the moment do not have a few essential libraries, so I need to do some tricks to make it work there.  So many plans, so little time :-(  In the meantime I must do this manually.  I try to do this a few times a week, but I'm afraid I haven't been so quick lately.  I'll try to improve :-)