Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Overseas aid  (Read 13051 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
Re: Overseas aid
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 06:29:11 pm »
$3bn in military aid given to Israel in one year,

Considering how much we spend in European military aid, the cost is a bargain.  Additionally, they tend to take the hardware they buy from us and make it better.  That's a bargain for us also in research costs. We also get a lot of intel from them that they pay for and share with us.
We also spend many billions in Asia to protect countries and shipping against, primarily, Chinese aggression.

I'm not going to bleep about a few billion to Israel while we are spending multiples of that on the rest of you all.

Kathy
Israel is number three in receiving the most in aid.
Numbers One and Two are Iraq and Afganistan two countries you have been at war in when was the last time the US was at war with Israel? It looks as if your explanation is your glad to be using them as guinea pigs to improve your weapons (says a lot for your own R&D) don't think they would like the pigs though :smile:

If you object to as you say "spending multiples of that on the rest of you all" why do it? ITS  BECAUSE YOUR BUYING GOOD WILL :rolleyes: We do the same albeit to a smaller extent, $16bn, still way too much for a small nation. but still eqivialent to
$80bn by a country of your size.
Its the way of the world, get over it.
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 08:03:52 pm »
If you object to as you say "spending multiples of that on the rest of you all" why do it? ITS  BECAUSE YOUR BUYING GOOD WILL

Nope.  Most of that money is spent on defense of European countries and Asian countries that should be spending more of their own dollars on their own defense.  The direct dollar aid is small in comparison.  Do we need to buy the good will of Europe, Japan, NK...?  I should think we have already done that.  Additionally, we spend a huge amount of money on the useless UN, and aid through them to many countries. 

Not to worry.  If some of our leftists have their way you all will get to make the choice between protection and welfare.  We sure won't be able to afford to spend on anyone else.   :wink:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 11:21:56 am »
If you object to as you say "spending multiples of that on the rest of you all" why do it? ITS  BECAUSE YOUR BUYING GOOD WILL

Nope.  Most of that money is spent on defense of European countries and Asian countries that should be spending more of their own dollars on their own defense.  The direct dollar aid is small in comparison.  Do we need to buy the good will of Europe, Japan, NK...?  I should think we have already done that.  Additionally, we spend a huge amount of money on the useless UN, and aid through them to many countries. 

Not to worry.  If some of our leftists have their way you all will get to make the choice between protection and welfare.  We sure won't be able to afford to spend on anyone else.   :wink:
Which begs the question. Why do it?......(give the aid!)

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 11:32:59 am »
>Why do it?......(give the aid!)

I think Kathy covered the justification the politicians use.  In my opinion, there is no reason to give aid to anyone unless it is necessary to maintain some stability that would otherwise disintegrate.  And even then, it's probably not our job...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 12:52:11 pm »
In my opinion, there is no reason to give aid to anyone unless it is necessary to maintain some stability that would otherwise disintegrate.  And even then, it's probably not our job...

I agree.  The current call to give more money to Central American countries so they can fix their problems and keep their people at home is one example.  Giving money to corrupt countries does not fix anything.  It just increases corruption. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 11:22:36 pm »
Cider I appreciate that you dug this one up from the past. Interesting topic. I wonder where the the rest of the original posters are. They made interesting discussion.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:50:59 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2019, 06:08:17 am »
Cider I appreciate that you dug this one up from the past. Interesting topic. I wonder where the the rest of the original posters are. They made interesting discussion.
It is symtomatic of the 'Coffee House' all is falling by the wayside! Or should I say has :sad:
cider

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2019, 12:03:32 pm »
It is symtomatic of the 'Coffee House' all is falling by the wayside! Or should I say has :sad:
cider

Is it?  I think all of us who are going into winter are less active on here.  Time for the Down Under people to pick it up   :grin:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 05:52:52 pm »

cider

Is it?  I think all of us who are going into winter are less active on here.  Time for the Down Under people to pick it up   :grin:
I thought the opposite was supposed to be true that Winter gave more time to ruminate and conjugate before posting! :wink:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 06:23:30 pm »
I thought the opposite was supposed to be true that Winter gave more time to ruminate and conjugate before posting!

Guess it depends.  I have more work to do in winter than in summer and the days are shorter.  Less time to play here or anywhere. 

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 09:20:20 pm »
More or less, I don't know. Cabin fever does make people less friendly in the coffee house in the winter.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2019, 05:26:04 pm »
More or less, I don't know. Cabin fever does make people less friendly in the coffee house in the winter.
As you may imagine, for you, I agree.  :wink:

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 06:46:21 am »
NOT ME!

I'm grumpy and grouchy all year.    :tongue:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2019, 04:44:00 pm »
NOT ME!

I'm grumpy and grouchy all year.    :tongue:

Is the 'Constitution' turning into a winter 'Coffee House'? but then again the 'Coffee House' is more important!  :grin:
......cider....with a hat on....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:41:09 pm by cidersabuzzin »