Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Irony  (Read 349 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Irony
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:31:59 am »
And look who they are kissing up to now.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
Re: Irony
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 07:00:55 pm »
 :angry: :angry:

Online sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:13:51 pm »
 :angry:
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 03:01:29 pm »
and the rewrite of history that says republicans and democrats switched after that is put to the lie by remembering that all the civil rights things passed were passed by Republicans also.  It wasn't until the Dems realized how much they needed minority votes that they started pandering and the Republicans started voting against what was no longer civil rights, but special rights. 

Of course, kinda hard to tell the difference between most of them now so I don't ID as a Republican anymore.  I am a constitutional conservative which makes me pretty libertarian on most things.   :rolleyes:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 04:26:15 pm »
and the rewrite of history that says republicans and democrats switched after that is put to the lie by remembering that all the civil rights things passed were passed by Republicans also.  It wasn't until the Dems realized how much they needed minority votes that they started pandering and the Republicans started voting against what was no longer civil rights, but special rights. 

Of course, kinda hard to tell the difference between most of them now so I don't ID as a Republican anymore.  I am a constitutional conservative which makes me pretty libertarian on most things.   :rolleyes:

Well said.  I concur.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 05:58:01 pm »
I think I prefer being a Trump deplorable. :cool:   :cheesy:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 06:19:58 pm »
To me, that's the crux of being a libertarian.  You have the right to your belief and I have the right to mine.  When you start dictating to me what I should say or believe (as at a lot of the current univesities), that's a dictatorship.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 03:11:13 pm »
I think I prefer being a Trump deplorable. :cool:   :cheesy:

I always thought you were! :grin: :tongue:
Two rights don't equal a left.
 The BFG

What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe iddee too, so long as he don't go too far to the  right and fall off the edge...but I think maybe some comb over artists already have!.....