Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Feds and disasters  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: The Feds and disasters
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2017, 09:48:44 am »
Both sides resist an outsider.  If there had been a dem version of Trump we would be having the same resistance from both sides.  It is the only thing they agree on.....no one outside the political swamp need apply.

Term limits would help but it would not fix the problem. I think along with term limits there needs to be a grace period of receiving payment for lobbying after leaving office as well.

As I consider running for New Yuk State Assembly I looked at the New Yuk State Election Law. If this isn't proof that they are trying to prevent outsiders... 722 pages of election law. How could it take 722 pages to say to vote in NY you need to be a US citizen and a New York resident 18 years of age or older. To run for office there should be a chart with the office, age requirement, residency requirement, the required number of signatures required for ballot access and the due dates for the signatures as well as primary and general election dates.

722 pages to say that? Come on... It reminds me of Federalist 62 where James Madison wrote ?It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.?
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline salvo

• House Bee
« Reply #141 on: October 02, 2017, 10:32:28 pm »
Hi Folks,

What's your take-away after reading these stories?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4941618/Celebrity-chef-feeds-THOUSANDS-powerless-Puerto-Rico.html

Next:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4939292/Marine-vet-s-mission-help-Puerto-Rican-family.html

Did these guys take all that fast food in containers in their luggage?

I'm not minimizing the devastation. However,... these particular stories don't exactly buttress that Mayor's assertions that "stuff" isn't there.

Sal
Salvo

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2017, 10:40:23 pm »
these particular stories don't exactly buttress that Mayor's assertions that "stuff" isn't there.

There's like 70 mayors in PR and the leftists found the one Hillary supporter to complain.  Others have complained about her and the fact she thinks she's too good to go to FEMA meetings.  You know, that place where the plans and concerns are laid out?  Nope, not for her.  In fact, FEMA ended up assigning a couple of people to her to appease her. 

I still want to know where she got the shirt and hat.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*