Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is this what the liberals of oz really wanted?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Is this what the liberals of oz really wanted?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 01:16:01 pm »
>Ok so there is 4 out of the 50 with populations less than the big apple

I only mentioned those four because I lived there and knew people in law enforcement.  I'm sure you would find it's true most places.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Lancej

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 11:23:45 am »
Well here's another story from Australia, Victoria. A man was fishing with his kids for yabbies on a dam, on public land. A female approached him, verbally abusing him and demanding to see his fishing license, which he replied f@#k off. She then punched him in the face, he retaliated by grabbing her car keys which she had in her hand and throw them in the dam. If he had just punched her back that in the eye of the law is fine. But for throwing her keys he was charged  (sorry can't remember the charge), lost his shooters license and he's guns. She received a 12 month good behavior bond! Yes he did have a fishing license.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 02:32:19 pm »
I have never met a law enforcement officer in Nebraska or Wyoming or Colorado or Oklahoma who was in favor of gun control.  All of them were in favor of people having guns to defend themselves.

Believe it or not there are some in NY as well.   I'm proud to say our sheriff has publicly encouraged the carry of firearms.

Note:  Upstate NY is considered anywhere above NYC.   Ulster county is 1/2 way between NYC and Albany (which isn't even 1/2 way up the state) and is considered "upstate".....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/n-y-sheriff-encourages-people-permits-carry-gun-article-1.2454210
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 02:42:05 pm »
I am relation to a NYC officer. He asked me to mail him 30 round ar mags. Their max is 7

Offline Milo

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 05:29:34 pm »
Well here's another story from Australia, Victoria. A man was fishing with his kids for yabbies on a dam, on public land. A female approached him, verbally abusing him and demanding to see his fishing license, which he replied f@#k off. She then punched him in the face, he retaliated by grabbing her car keys which she had in her hand and throw them in the dam. If he had just punched her back that in the eye of the law is fine. But for throwing her keys he was charged...

Actually no he wouldn't have been fine. Assault causing ABH would have lost him his license as well

If he had received a Intervention or Community Correction order for throwing the keys in the dam he the is by definition of the law a "prohibited person" the commissioner must then suspend that persons licence and if the person does not appeal the suspension they then have their license cancelled by default.

Sections 47 through 49 of the firearms act.

Edit to add for clarity: he would not be a prohibited person for throwing the keys, he is a prohibited because he received a court order regardless of what it was for. He then has the right to appeal the suspension and he should especially if it was for a trivial offence.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:18:10 pm by Milo »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 05:39:02 pm »
Believe it or not there are some in NY as well.   I'm proud to say our sheriff has publicly encouraged the carry of firearms.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/n-y-sheriff-encourages-people-permits-carry-gun-article-1.2454210

Permitted, not everyone, and I understand that if you are permitted the firearm is registered in NYS.  Yes, there also is a background history involved in getting a permit.  If you pull that gun on someone that is unarmed and did not threaten you with bodily harm you will lose that permit.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 09:58:43 pm »
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline damienpryan

• New Bee
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »
The Australian laws are pretty simple.
You can get a gun as long as you have a reason.
Hunting, farming, target shooting all count as reasons.
Self defense does not under our law does not count as a reason.

The whole concept of owning a gun for self defense is alien to most Australians.

Most (but by no means all) Australians like it this way.

But the last thing I'd like to do is attempt to tell Americans how to
change their gun laws. You guys have a very different history and culture.

I very much doubt the laws we passed would be remotely viable in America.
If nothing else it would cost a fortune to buy back all the guns like we did.

But as the young people say, 'It's your Journey'.

Cheers

Damien

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 09:35:40 pm »
Common sense prevails in Australia.
We need to evolve.  We are still in the barbaric age.  If you look back on our history it is the gun that allowed us to massacre the natives so we could take their land.  We called them savages.
If the far right had any brains they would welcome "gun control" because it would solidify the right to bear arms for the general public.  But I guess they will fight as dumb as they are and lose it all for even those that don't have guns but like the right to have one.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 09:47:09 pm »
That drivel doesn't even deserve a response.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 10:41:20 pm »
But your responded...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 10:57:29 pm »
I'm overly generous to the less fortunate.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2017, 11:14:18 pm »
Common sense prevails in Australia.
We need to evolve.  We are still in the barbaric age.  If you look back on our history it is the gun that allowed us to massacre the natives so we could take their land.  We called them savages.
If the far right had any brains they would welcome "gun control" because it would solidify the right to bear arms for the general public.  But I guess they will fight as dumb as they are and lose it all for even those that don't have guns but like the right to have one.
Brian,
The anti gun group don't want gun control, like boiling a frog they keep raising the temperature. They increase the amount of control a little bit at a time until one day all weapons are baned or registered and when they need total control over the people, they confiscate all of the weapons. Then you have no rights at all and no way to get them back.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 08:05:39 am »
Is Australia the new Russia?  Do the people of Australia not have any rights?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 08:22:25 am »
If you aren't allowed to stop a burglar breaking into your home, then I would consider you without any legal rights.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline damienpryan

• New Bee
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 09:39:36 am »
Yes.
You're right.
The effects of the laws make it very difficult to defend your property with a gun in Australia.

I myself don't feel less free, but the gun laws do annoy a small group of people here.

But as long as we are free to make our own laws ;-)

What you do in America really is your own business though...

Happy if we stay out of each other's gun laws!

Cheers

Damien

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 09:42:04 am »
I think we found a new home for Ace!!!

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 09:58:40 am »
Hey, Damien, could you possibly sponsor Ace in a move to Oz?   PLEASE!!! :wink:   :grin:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline damienpryan

• New Bee
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 10:25:38 am »
I'd love to sponsor him to move to Australia, but I wouldn't want to lower the average intelligence of two countries...

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 10:26:59 am »
Ouch