Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 0f wheat and chaff ---- [WARNING - MA 18+ content]  (Read 2095 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Re: 0f wheat and chaff ---- [WARNING - MA 18+ content]
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 10:53:26 pm »
So you are leaving...SHUCKS :wink:

John 3:16

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 12:01:18 am »
This, to the membership - save Shakespeare.

Let's just take a minute and remember all those who, through no fault of their own - were little more than bird droppings smearing on the windshield of the forum. How many times have we ran the wipers and fluid and only made the smear worse?! Oh... the washer fluid we wasted trying to keep people like Finsky in the forum for his vast knowledge of keeping bees alive and producing huge amounts of honey in the coldest of climates. I went to bat so often for him, while chiding him in private for his crankiness and obvious lack of patience.

Eventually, his value was not worth the fight to save him from the fate OTHERS, with less to offer here, had brought.

The names since 2004 are MANY. So many that the mentioning of many of them will not ignite the smallest of sparks in your memories. I use Finsky as a sample of many forgettable. His value simple out-weighed many others. Liking and respecting someone, are two different things. And HAVE people gone away without breaking forum rules? That answer is yes: when you see a tsunami coming, sirens roar. And although no harm is done while it is still over water, if any means of reducing the horror it can inflict are enacted, those who have put measures in place to lessen the impact do their job.

Evacuating entire cities when distant hurricanes appear threatening saves lives, so many lives. Waiting for the storm by hunkering down and hoping it changes course is Russian Roulette - It's always best to leave and then grumble later when your area was untouched.

Here we have always tried to lessen any incoming storm. But experience often is the only tool you have to work with. And protecting our pages has been a promise to the members, not a job of ripping people from here who are just ants at a picnic. Forgive my John Wayne on a white horse, riding into town to bait the banditos to pull their weapon. This town has many sheriffs and sometimes those following closely ask for a unbiased view - a clean pair of spectacles can often see details that others can overlook, or "Input" views that help resolve issues.

As I ride to the sunset, I still feel that a man with a dark hat and black horse awaits in our town's borders. Why, because this isn't a one-act play: it is a saga and as we move along in years, men in black hats ALWAYS ride into town. Metaphor over.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 11:03:48 am »

[violins from left of stage]

One would think a person of such verbiage would use metaphorical interlect
to rise _above_ dimestore instincts... for what hath his g0d wrought but sleight
upon his own person.

--
...apologies to Vonnegut. Period

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 12:04:32 pm »
Boy someone doesn't know when to let sleeping dogs lie.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 12:19:30 pm »
Boy someone doesn't know when to let sleeping dogs lie.

You reckon.... :shocked:

Offline little john

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 01:03:09 pm »

"Say nothing" - yup, that's really good advice ...
A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 04:14:23 pm »
 :rolleyes:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 05:51:13 pm »
Agreeing with those "sleeping dogs lie" members - Shakespeare's 30 day suspension STARTS by midnight eastern tonight. He just can't not be quiet when quiet is do. So if he chooses to continue, 30 days will obviously be the least of his punishment. That's kinda how it has always worked. And for good reasons.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 05:52:54 pm »
I saw it coming with that one...... 

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 06:18:28 pm »
(edit]
And for good reasons.

.... yet not one (reason) are you able to cite..hmmmmmmm!
Here try this?
Dry and humourless, we can now add "graphically (pix) dense".
Nobody honest can justify bashing their subscribers merely because
THEY _think_ the LANGUAGE is "out of order"... but a chicken..?.. well now
a CHICKEN does a lot of clucking scratching and pecking, much for nought.

Free Kloobie, mine host.
The site is about bees.
I joined to talk bees.
You choose to take me on into other subjects...and.
Well, it's your nightmare walk in your BigotLand brother.. heh : LMAO:

Bill
--
... fresh eggs for brekky, yum yum :-D
/0ut

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 11:03:47 pm »
TO THE MEMBERSHIP: if you have been following, I enforced a 30 day ban on eltalia for his instigating behavior in our forums and crude posts toward many members.

Forgive me for being nearly a day late in his 30 day ban, I had a typographical error last night in bringing up his account and finally figured out it was a spelling issue hindering me. So, it is a day late, but the good news is that means we wont see him for an additional day.

NOTE: he IS bad mouthing me in another forum, and as an admin I have had worse, but as a member I make note of his postings concerning members here and likely he will face that in 30 days. Don't trash members here, neither here nor elsewhere, it is an offense and punishable. For someone so verse in words, his interpretation of the forum bylaws are construed to best serve him.

John
Beemaster

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 12:56:53 pm »
3 attaboys for beemaster and other admins.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 04:23:01 pm »
 :beemaster:

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 10:18:26 pm »
I consider myself a pretty decent communicator.  This made me drink....and suck some hard candy  (Beemaster knows  :wink:)

The art of communication is not furthered by fancy words and twisted dialogue that make a person sick to their stomach trying to follow along.

Just sayin'......If you want to make a point, make the dang point.

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cao

• Queen Bee
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 12:12:23 am »
The art of communication is not furthered by fancy words and twisted dialogue that make a person sick to their stomach trying to follow along.

Just sayin'......If you want to make a point, make the dang point.
I agree completely.

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 11:17:42 am »
      Is it not a pity that so many contributors to the Beemaster Forum were never able to attend anyone of Bud 1 to Bud whatever and enjoy the spirit of what this Forum is all about.
      Just a refresher to lighten up this thread  :- 
      G'day to all those good people I met at Buds and the memories are still with me, even how to tang a swarm.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 11:28:03 am »
If we had more folks like Geoff, the world would be a much happier place.
A true gentleman and a scholar, whose generosity is exceeded only by his good looks and his great personality.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 12:41:09 pm »
What iddee said   :cheesy:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 01:30:50 pm »
      Just a refresher to lighten up this thread

OK which one is Geoff?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it