Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: THINK SHE IS angry?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline gww

• Field Bee
Re: THINK SHE IS angry?
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 05:07:41 pm »
Fishing nut
What happened, did your wife walk in while you were typing and you had to put that last part in? :smile:

No coffee, That might be the one thing that would make me leave home for a bit, I thought you were rather calm.
Cheers
gww

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 06:13:15 pm »
Sounds like you need to give up the coffee more often. It seems to have made you smart.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 07:47:05 pm »
I should probably keep my nose out of it because I'm not near as knowledgeable on this subject as you guys are. But my opinion is that we have way to much government.

Seems to me you have a pretty good take on it.  Please continue to stick your nose in!   :cheesy:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 09:23:59 pm »
Thanks for agreeing with me y'all. And gww......I have to say you are wrong. If my wife walked in on that I wouldn't have been able to type the part about it being a joke. And I may have joined the missing persons list as well.  :angry:
Take a kid fishing !

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Field Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2017, 12:31:05 am »
We should base everything on 70. It'll solve many problems.

IQ below seventy, euthanize.

Age above 70, euthanize.

PS. I'm 72.   :tongue:

There is something to be said for that! :grin:
Two rights don't equal a left.
 The BFG

What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe iddee too, so long as he don't go too far to the  right and fall off the edge...but I think maybe some comb over artists already have!.....

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2017, 11:09:26 am »
The problem with this post is multi fold. You never actually paid into ss what you would expect to get out. Not until the 80's did you pay the rate that I will pay for my entire working life. You paid less for all years before 83, I believe. You don't pay into ss with your money thinking that it is invested. You pay for the generation above you. Since the 80's at least and possibly before they have been talking about the future shortcomings of SS. What did you do to for stall that? All the same can be said for Medicare also except one added knock. It was your generation who voted in people and cheered on Medicare part D. It was a huge drain on resources. So while you never actually chose to fully fund Medicare you wanted even more. Now you are leaving a broke system for your children. I have no sympathy for boomers in this regard and think that yes even for those retired that their benefits should be cut some.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2017, 01:06:31 pm »
The problem with this post is multi fold. You never actually paid into ss what you would expect to get out. Not until the 80's did you pay the rate that I will pay for my entire working life. You paid less for all years before 83, I believe. You don't pay into ss with your money thinking that it is invested. You pay for the generation above you. Since the 80's at least and possibly before they have been talking about the future shortcomings of SS. What did you do to for stall that? All the same can be said for Medicare also except one added knock. It was your generation who voted in people and cheered on Medicare part D. It was a huge drain on resources. So while you never actually chose to fully fund Medicare you wanted even more. Now you are leaving a broke system for your children. I have no sympathy for boomers in this regard and think that yes even for those retired that their benefits should be cut some.

Yes that seems to me to be a good summery - except for the reduction in taxes over the years since Reagan, and additional tax measures not implemented that would/could have shorn up the shortfalls.  Other countries have managed better.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2017, 01:19:24 am »
except for the reduction in taxes over the years since Reagan,

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/08/news/economy/reagan_years_taxes/index.htm

and considering the federal government is taking in more now than ever, that's not a valid complaint.  In addition, payroll taxes, which are what pay for SS and Medicare, went up. 

What the Reagan tax cuts did do, is help the middle class.  Closing loopholes and lowering deductions impacted the upper class far more and they did not get much benefit from the cuts in the end.  In addition, lower interest rates, lower inflation, and a growing economy were to the benefit of the middle class.

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/tax-cuts-revenue-what-we-learned-1980s

The problem is spending and since most of the spending is mandatory entitlement spending....The only solution is to grow the economy which we have not done very well for years. 

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/debt_deficit_history

They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville