Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cherry Blossoms  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Kendallfish

• New Bee
Cherry Blossoms
« on: February 16, 2019, 11:37:55 pm »
The cherry trees are blooming this week in NW North Carolina. Do bees like them? Do they make good honey?

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
Re: Cherry Blossoms
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 01:27:50 am »
YES!

Offline Kendallfish

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 03:17:03 am »
Great!
:cheesy:

Offline robirot

• House Bee
    • Finest German Carnolians and more
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 05:07:31 am »
Des, they really love them.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 07:21:45 am »
Welcome to Beemaster. My parents went to Washington DC for their honey moon. We have a video of them in front of the cherry blossoms. My mom was scared to death because the trees were filled with honey bees.
So, yes they love them. They like most fruit tree blossoms. 
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kendallfish

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 03:11:41 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster. My parents went to Washington DC for their honey moon. We have a video of them in front of the cherry blossoms. My mom was scared to death because the trees were filled with honey bees.
Jim

Very cool thanks Jim

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 10:42:49 pm »
Jim

I might be mistaken but I am thinking George W kept bees at the White House? Anyone remember?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 06:45:25 am »
I?m pretty sure these cherry trees were a gift from some country. I think Japan.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 06:49:10 am »
In 1912, the people of Japan sent 3,020 cherry trees to the United States as a gift of friendship. First Lady Taft and the Viscountess Chinda, wife of the Japanese Ambassador, planted the first two cherry trees on the northern bank of the Tidal Basin. These two original trees are still standing today near the John Paul Jones statue at the south end of 17th Street. Workmen planted the remainder of the trees around the Tidal Basin and East Potomac Park. In the early 1990s, the Cherry Blossom Festival became a two-week long celebration, as it is today.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 11:02:48 am »
In 1912, the people of Japan sent 3,020 cherry trees to the United States as a gift of friendship. First Lady Taft and the Viscountess Chinda, wife of the Japanese Ambassador, planted the first two cherry trees on the northern bank of the Tidal Basin. These two original trees are still standing today near the John Paul Jones statue at the south end of 17th Street. Workmen planted the remainder of the trees around the Tidal Basin and East Potomac Park. In the early 1990s, the Cherry Blossom Festival became a two-week long celebration, as it is today.

Good stuff Jim.
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 02:47:12 pm »
I might be mistaken but I am thinking George W kept bees at the White House? Anyone remember?

Bush?  Michelle Obama did.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 02:56:57 pm »

Thanks to bush leaving them behind. 😊😁 J/K Ace. I was thinking he did also. Maybe not.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 08:02:36 pm »

Maybe one of her staffers did. ...
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 09:40:09 pm »

Maybe one of her staffers did. ...
My thought exactly.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 12:12:19 am »
White House carpenter Charlie Brandt donated an extra hive he had for the white house beehive.

anything