Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2021 Hunting Pics  (Read 7983 times)

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: 2021 Hunting Pics
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2021, 08:06:12 pm »
That is a giant buck! What a beauty! Tasty too, I'll bet.  :grin:

Seriously nice combo 30.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2021, 08:10:03 pm »

I like that case colored one. I used to have a M94 in .44 that was case colored.

Me too. Especially if it had High Grade wood. ... Ahh, my champagne tastes ...  :cool:

The website doesn't say if the 460 will load and fire the 454 and 45 LC (as can be done in a revolver). I'm tempted to call them and ask ...
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2021, 08:10:05 pm »
That is a giant buck! What a beauty! Tasty too, I'll bet.  :grin:

Seriously nice combo 30.
Sitting down to a plate of leg shanks tonight. Delish.
Not this buck of course, but venison none the less.

Soooooo tender and good with a beef stock and red wine gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2021, 08:17:07 pm »
>I looked a little younger too. We kinda deviated from the 2021 part once we got on levers, but as long as we are on guns and game,

I started to ask you who that your fellow was in the picture? lol
I thought the same about Alan until he explained it was his son with the boar.. I was thinking what a difference in age appearance a shave makes.. You fellows keep up the good post and pictures. I think many of us really enjoy them.

>who cares. It's fun conversation.

Agreed :grin:
I was thinking the same thing!  I personally prefer beardy 30.  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2021, 08:29:36 pm »
>I looked a little younger too. We kinda deviated from the 2021 part once we got on levers, but as long as we are on guns and game,

I started to ask you who that your fellow was in the picture? lol
I thought the same about Alan until he explained it was his son with the boar.. I was thinking what a difference in age appearance a shave makes.. You fellows keep up the good post and pictures. I think many of us really enjoy them.

>who cares. It's fun conversation.

Agreed :grin:
I was thinking the same thing!  I personally prefer beardy 30.  :grin:
The length comes and goes. Been 5 years since I?ve seen my full face.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2021, 01:16:52 am »

I like that case colored one. I used to have a M94 in .44 that was case colored.

Me too. Especially if it had High Grade wood. ... Ahh, my champagne tastes ...  :cool:

The website doesn't say if the 460 will load and fire the 454 and 45 LC (as can be done in a revolver). I'm tempted to call them and ask ...
I?d verify with them, but if there is an issue it would probably the cycling and or bullet jump. Just thinking out of my butt, however you could get a spike in pressure due to gasses passing it in the throat then building when it slams into the unusually distant rifling. Option 2, gasses pass the bullet in the throat and does not maintain enough pressure to make the bullet exit the muzzle. That one is not likely, but worth looking into, cause that follow up shot would be a doozy. Option 3, a pressure spike similar to loading a reduced load too lite. The bullet isn?t exiting the barrel as fast as pressure is building behind it.
I bet they tell you not to but definitely worth asking.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2021, 04:37:35 pm »
One night of coyotes at play.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2021, 04:43:08 pm »
Is that one you left lay overnight or one that was cleaned and discarded, and they picked it over?

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2021, 04:58:19 pm »
Lay over night.  Sometimes it works, other time meh...
Cheers
gww

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2021, 09:19:01 pm »
Lay over night.  Sometimes it works, other time meh...
Cheers
gww
I had foxes get into one of mine one nite I didn?t find till the next day. They just got the guys, so it was still good. I have run foxes off fresh kills too.
One time I had totes tracking me as I tracked a deer with a bow.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2021, 09:23:17 pm »
Here is a nice blonde gal I met in my early 20s.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2021, 09:57:37 pm »
Come and kill them here, I read today that in Mo coyotes doubled in numbers last year.
I was sitting on the ground one time probably 30 years ago and one come up to almost arms length behind my back.  I thought it was a deer and was going to wheel around and try and shoot it.  Coyotes are more alert then deer and faster.  I should see more then I do.  I do find that if a deer is still alive but hurt it is more likely to get ate then if it is just laying there dead.  At least that is what I think anyway.  I was a little disappointed cause  the deer would have been good eating for me also.  Not the first time it has happened though.  I have had it go both ways.
Cheers
gww

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2021, 10:04:40 pm »
Have gun, will travel.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2021, 10:18:30 pm »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2021, 10:35:25 pm »

https://gon.com/news/hiker-attacked-coyote-georgia
So, I did get get in a fight with a fox. They were a problem for a while. It was especially bad one year about four years ago. My neighbor killed a couple with a shotgun. One of them came up on the back porch with him. After he had seen it in the yard he went and got his gun and it came right up on the porch.
That same summer, I was I was in my driveway building a ladder rack for a truck. A different neighbor usually sneaks up on me when he sees me outside, just to visit. I was holding a short forked piece of metal about 16 inches long, looking at the terrible diagram spread on the tailgate. Well I heard the gravel roll (assuming it was my neighbor) and turned around just in time to catch a fox by the neck with a pole. What happened was, he was so close, I didn?t even have time to swing. I could only go straight down and push him away, while stepping back. I stumbled and fell, but he stayed at the end of the pole, struggling as I get up.
Next thing you know I?m standing there holding a fox in the air with its neck stuck in the fork somehow. I slammed him down once, came back up for a second go at him, and he slung off during the second roundhouse slam and landed about 10 feet from me. He rolled over, stood back up and looked at me and came at me again. This time is swung the pipe like a golf club and he went about 15 feet and laid there twitching. I went ape poo on him with the post. I never knew 5 seconds could take it out of you so fast. I sat on the ground in the driveway just to catch my breath.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2021, 10:49:39 pm »
Wow did you happen to have him tested? Not normal for a fox. Usually they are timid and very shy. My uncle caught a very young one in a live trap past summer. He and I were surprised. They were wearing his chickens out. I guess he got lucky on that catch. Plenty more from where that one came from though.  :)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2021, 10:55:39 pm »
Wow did you happen to have him tested? Not normal for a fox. Usually they are timid and very shy. My uncle caught a very young one in a live trap past summer. He and I were surprised. They were wearing his chickens out. I guess he got lucky on that catch. Plenty more from where that one came from though.  :)
Animal control came out with the sheriffs office. They said since I so cleanly whooped his arse and he never drew blood on me they wouldn?t test him. We just used the catch pole and drug him into the woods behind the house.

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2021, 11:23:22 pm »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2021, 12:29:36 am »
Animal control came out with the sheriffs office. They said since I so cleanly whooped his arse and he never drew blood on me they wouldn?t test him. We just used the catch pole and drug him into the woods behind the house.

30 Good thing you killed him before he bite you. I had a dog bite me when I was around 12 or 13. Actually attack me. Bite me on the arm and neck area. I had to have four rabies shots and wait X number of days while the dog was penned up to make sure he was not rabid. The shots were in the stomach.. Wasn't bad and I had no reaction. The dog turned out clean so I did not have to finish the shots..

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 05:25:13 am by Ben Framed »

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2021, 10:44:48 am »
Why would they just put a possibly rabid fox in the woods? That is how rabies is spread. Another/bunch of animals eat the carcass and it keeps spreading.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything