Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fred Bear World of Adventures Series: Kodiak Country  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Fred Bear World of Adventures Series: Kodiak Country
« on: February 17, 2021, 04:35:41 pm »
Fred Bear World of Adventures Series: Kodiak Country

https://youtu.be/4RFcMhvbuS8
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Fred Bear World of Adventures Series: Kodiak Country
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 08:01:43 pm »
A real hunter.  I remember watching a hunt where he knew there was a deer bedded down but didn't know if it was a buck or not.  He snuck up and reached into the thicket where the deer was and felt it's antlers, then backed up and work up the deer before he shot it....
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 08:05:09 pm »
A real hunter.  I remember watching a hunt where he knew there was a deer bedded down but didn't know if it was a buck or not.  He snuck up and reached into the thicket where the deer was and felt it's antlers, then backed up and work up the deer before he shot it....

Yes he was Mr Bush. I think it may be fair to say that bow hunting today owes a tribute to Fred Bear. The man was amazing with a bow and a real pioneer in modern archery?
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 03:18:14 pm »
I still have my first fiberglass Bear bow. It was a Christmas present when I was 12. It is a 45 pound bow. I could hardly pull it. I was always the skinniest kid on the block.
JimAltmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 05:44:46 pm »
>The man was amazing with a bow and a real pioneer in modern archery?

He was one of several pioneers in modern archery.  He certainly was a major contributor.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 11:36:13 pm »
Moved to Amazing Ben Pearson
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:31:01 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 11:57:06 pm »
Moved to Amazing Ben Pearson
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:33:00 pm by Ben Framed »