Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone here a pilot?  (Read 11443 times)

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
Anyone here a pilot?
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:09:40 pm »
Hey guys!

I am going to be taking ground school this semester and hopefully become a pilot someday, so I was wondering... Is anyone on here a pilot??? Or does anyone have any tips for a newbie?
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Anyone here a pilot?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:18:49 am »
My friend is a pilot and his dad teaches the coarses around here and offered me really cheap lessons. I was thinkn about it so maybe one day I will be one too, good luck, tell me how it goes!
Ryan Horn

Offline melliphile

• House Bee
I know how you can fly cheaply
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 12:55:38 pm »
I've been yearning to fly for a couple of years now, and am aiming toward powered paragliding or paragliding.  For about $10G youcan get your equipment and training to fly ppg even less for pg.  Purpotedly VERY safe, VERY fun.  Can't wait to try.  Some ski resorts offer it during the off season.   You may have to travel for training, but for me this seems the most feasible means by which to fly.
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." -Plato

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Anyone here a pilot?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 04:01:52 pm »
I am not a pilot, I just jump out of them.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Re: Anyone here a pilot?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 01:40:30 am »
my mom used to skydive but she decided she better chill out a bit and act like a regular mom, lol, not many soccer moms skydive. I have been thinking about it lately and might learn to fly an plane and get my license for it then go and get one for a chopper, heard it is cheaper and easier this way. My old boss at my vocational school has 2 cessna airplanes one is a 1947 and the other is quite newer but dont remember its age, he is gunna take me up in them soon, later :)
Ryan Horn

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 01:22:07 pm »
she decided she better chill out a bit and act like a regular mom, lol, not many soccer moms skydive.
   :-D

being a mother can make you want to jump out of planes sometimes.  my son used to hope that someone would say "your mom wears combat boots!"  to which he could reply "yup...want to meet her??"  guess it never happened.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 06:19:02 am »
My brother is a pilot... and once upon a time, president of SPA.

I've flown a few times, but never got my liscense.  Too expensive to tell you the truth.

Offline mark

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 09:20:21 pm »
pilit?  heck i been doin that since i was 14.  don't need no license or lessons.   my two cousins cut and split it an i pilit.  jus make sure ya put the bigger pieces on the bottom sos the stack don't fall over.  simple as that.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 04:05:04 pm »
I am not a pilot, I just jump out of them.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

You jump out of Pilots?  That's pretty messed up!  Like one of those giant birthday cakes, but instead of a cake I imagine Brendhan bursting through the chest of a airline pilot like alien!!!  Or do you mean you jump out of the Honda Pilot while it's rolling down the road?  Either way, you're hardcore man!  lololololol

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 02:27:06 am »
You jump out of Pilots?  That's pretty messed up!  Like one of those giant birthday cakes, but instead of a cake I imagine Brendhan bursting through the chest of a airline pilot like alien!!! 

After eating nearly a dozen eggs yesterday, I felt like someone jumped out of me when I went to take my morning constitutional today.   I wonder if it was him?  :-D

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 03:20:46 am »
A dozen eggs?!?!  Man, that's also hardcore!!!  Hope you feel better..   HAHA

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 06:11:31 am »
A dozen eggs?!?!  Man, that's also hardcore!!!  Hope you feel better..   HAHA

Sean Kelly

Yeah, oh I feel fine... now.  Sometimes I make a big batch of deviled eggs (whenever I have more than 18 washed and 12 unwashed eggs in the fridge, which is the max I have room for)... problem is... I like deviled eggs too much.   :-D

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 02:12:30 pm »
Oh man, I love deviled eggs too!!!!  Back before I got married, my church had a huge potluck and I made a massive batch of deviled eggs the night before.  Come Sunday, they were all gone!  I had no one to blame cause I lived by my self!  lol  Needless to say, I skipped Sunday service to replace my "deviled"  :evil: eggs and showed up just for the potluck.  lol

Sean Kelly

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 06:41:08 pm »
Sean , if you are anything like my Brother or Husband it's a good thing you lived alone!! :-D :evil:  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 03:29:46 am »
Jody, I think eggs do that no matter what.  Something to do with the sulfur content or something.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 05:30:56 pm »
my mom used to skydive but she decided she better chill out a bit and act like a regular mom, lol, not many soccer moms skydive. I have been thinking about it lately and might learn to fly an plane and get my license for it then go and get one for a chopper, heard it is cheaper and easier this way. My old boss at my vocational school has 2 cessna airplanes one is a 1947 and the other is quite newer but dont remember its age, he is gunna take me up in them soon, later :)

Older thread but interesting. I have been keeping up with a fellow from Texas who is restoring his late Grandaddys  Piper J-3 Cub,.  The last restoration was in 1972. His Grandaddy was actually living when he started the project.. He is doing a grand job! Beautiful paint job as well! (Piper yellow) Almost finished now. Cole Aviation.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.