Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Help removing bees from chimney  (Read 2681 times)

Offline ArrowCreekFarm

• Brood
Help removing bees from chimney
« on: May 11, 2019, 11:20:04 pm »
So ive just gotten into bees i have a hive already and wanting another one. My boss has a swarm in a chimney he would like hone asap any advice on how to get these out without tearing it apart would help. Thanks

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Help removing bees from chimney
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 01:00:17 am »
I watched a video once of a fellow doing a trap out on a chimney. Not really something I would want to mess with personally.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 01:39:17 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
In order to give you the best answer we need a little much re info. 
Please update your profile with your location.
Where in the chimney are they located? Are they in the stack where the smoke comes out of? Are they in the top under the rain out of the chimney? Are they in the void that is around the pipe?
Trap out is probably not a good option especially is your in an area with Small Hive Beetles.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 01:48:10 am »
I want to apologize, first I did not look at your profile, not realizing you were new here or this being your first post, I would have went into more detail. Welcome to beemaster. I do not want to discourage you from trying to remove the bees from the chimney. I remember how excited I was last year when I did my first removal!  But back to the video, I watched a video by JP the beeman where he did a trap out on a chimney. As I recall he was successful. I will try and find the video for you and post it here for you.
Phillip

OK here it is. Wishing you all the luck!
PS, There may be a better way but if it is, I do not know it, (from a chimney).

https://youtu.be/VBUPkZS3d8w
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 09:31:49 am »
Welcome  :happy:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 01:55:12 am »
Hello ACF, Just curious what did you decide on the chimney deal?  Did you go for it? If so tell us about it. If not, there will be other opportunities. Keep up the studies on bees and keep the fire of interest burning!
Phillip

anything