Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Inspections and license?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
Inspections and license?
« on: June 01, 2021, 08:55:47 am »
I am emailing the Georgia state representative for more information, but does this statute say anyone (hobbyist) selling a nuc requires a license/inspection, or that only "commercial" beekeepers are so required?
"The Georgia Bee Law (O.C.G.A. 2-14-40) requires that all beekeepers selling bees, queens, nuclei, etc. commercially be licensed. All other beekeepers (e.g. hobbyists, pollinators, honey producers) are not required to be licensed or inspected by the Plant Protection Section."

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Inspections and license?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 08:59:05 am »
Looks like it.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 09:08:38 am »
I am emailing the Georgia state representative for more information, but does this statute say anyone (hobbyist) selling a nuc requires a license/inspection, or that only "commercial" beekeepers are so required?
"The Georgia Bee Law (O.C.G.A. 2-14-40) requires that all beekeepers selling bees, queens, nuclei, etc. commercially be licensed. All other beekeepers (e.g. hobbyists, pollinators, honey producers) are not required to be licensed or inspected by the Plant Protection Section."

Depends on your states definition of hobbyists and commercial beekeepers. Your representative should be able to clearly define differences in the two. Sounds like they have cut a large squelch in naming a person commercial. (all beekeepers selling bees, queens, nuclei, etc.)
Does etc include honey?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 09:20:33 am »
Seems a year or so ago, if I remember correctly being discussed here, your state was attempting to pass a law requiring cuts outs to be done only by exterminator licensees holders? Is that correct?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.